Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Registering Multiple Drones w/ FAA

Andre Levite

WELL-TRUSTED MEMBER
Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 18, 2018
Loc
Treasure Coast of Florida
Web
how-to-spark.com
I am flying as a hobbyist (not Part 107). I registered my Spark with FAA and paid the fee. I put the registration number on the aircraft.

I just got a Mavic Pro and am wondering if I need to register it separately and pay another fee. Or do I just use the same number on each new drone I acquire?

I've searched the forum and see that some folks believe it's actually the pilot that is being registered and not the aircraft its self.

I'd be grateful if somebody can find the original document that addresses this. I've scoured the FAA website without finding it. Thanks in advance

Register the new drone seperately. It's tied to the serial number. You had to create an account to register the first one. Log in and add aircraft.

• Wow
Reactions: NOLADG
YOu need not register multiple aircraft under the FAA as a hobbyist. Only the pilot is registered, but the FAA ID# should be affixed to any ac flown including fixed wings.

Reactions: NOLADG
I am flying as a hobbyist (not Part 107). I registered my Spark with FAA and paid the fee. I put the registration number on the aircraft.

I just got a Mavic Pro and am wondering if I need to register it separately and pay another fee. Or do I just use the same number on each new drone I acquire?

I've searched the forum and see that some folks believe it's actually the pilot that is being registered and not the aircraft its self.

I'd be grateful if somebody can find the original document that addresses this. I've scoured the FAA website without finding it. Thanks in advance
Read this page for more information.

Fly under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft

Thank you for your response.

The page that you referenced is the same one I had been reading. I cannot see that it specifically addresses the circumstance when a single pilot owns multiple drones.

After some additional research it appears that YOU BOTH ARE CORRECT:

1. It is actually the pilot that is FAA registered and not a specific aircraft
2. The same ID number is affixed to each of your drones
3. You do need to add additional drones to your "inventory" once logged on to the FAA DroneZone website. This is how the existing ID number becomes associated with your new drone

The above information only applies to hobbyists (Part 107 rules are completely different).

The differing opinions are due to inconsistent language used on the FAA website. Once logged into your account the process is much clearer. I just successfully completed the process myself.

Thank you BOTH!

3. You do need to add additional drones to your "inventory" once logged on to the FAA DroneZone website. This is how the existing ID number becomes associated with your new drone

Hi Andre. Where did you find the "Inventory" section on the 336 dashboard? I can't seem to locate it...

Under hobbyist all you do is register one time. Then put your number on each drone. If you ever start flying under part 107 you will need to register each drone separately.

Register the mavic pro under the same number

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme