Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Registration in the U.K

ralf

Join
Nov 20, 2018
Just seen, following the LGW fiasco, the government have announced that from Nov 2019 all drones over 250g will have to be registered. Any ideas how this will work/be enforced/cost?

It’s currently being formulated by the CAA and was not due fir introduction until Nov19, though I imagine it will now be accelerated into place sooner.

I understand the plan is (was?) for a simple test to ensure the user knows the rules and to capture the pilot ID info. Oh yes, and charge a fee.

I suspect it will be online as much stuff for drones by the CAA is moving there. As to cost methinks the ‘new’ registration system will be cheap to start with to capture as many as possible, but rapidly increase to generate income. As a PfCO holder I know how expensive that is. If they intend to catch serious amateurs and professional pilots then they will not make it cheap as there will be “paperwork” costs to cover. Just look at the cost of getting a driving licence.

Just seen, following the LGW fiasco, the government have announced that from Nov 2019 all drones over 250g will have to be registered. Any ideas how this will work/be enforced/cost?

It’s no big deal an online test for dummies probably and a register I have no issue with it as I stick to the rules

Reactions: ralf
It’s no big deal an online test for dummies probably and a register I have no issue with it as I stick to the rules
Thanks. I see a similar thing in the U.S is only around $3. Just worried U.K will go over the top as they tend to do. Simple test and a few quid is fine by me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast