Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Return to home Question

Dayodd

Join
Sep 21, 2018
HI

Just wondering does the spark automatically set its take off location as it return to home location or do we need to set that in settings each time.

Thanks

Reactions: Dbozung
It's automatic.

Depending on location, it may take a couple of minutes for the Spark to establish a Home Point.

There should be an audio prompt and message stating the " The Hompe Point has been updated, please check it on the map."

Watch the flight bar at the top and it should go through 3 steps as the Spark collects data.
Attitude mode, GPS no home point, GPS with home point.

The rear lights of the Spark will flash green when the home point is established as well.

If you miss the audio prompt, and the lights are green, check the map box for an "H" drop pin.

Sometimes I may miss the audio prompt and I check the map for "H". Once the motors start, the audio prompt usually repeats and good to go

HI

Just wondering does the spark automatically set its take off location as it return to home location or do we need to set that in settings each time.

Thanks
if your setting is set properly, it will automatically update and fix the exact location that you depart from as you "return to home" location each time you launch a flight.

Reactions: Dayodd
If you rise straight up after etablishing the home point, about 10 meters or 30 feet, wait a few seconds, the Spark will be able to do a precision landing when it returns, usualy within about 6 inches of where you took off from. The little pause is so it can take a visual of the launch point.

I follow the examples stated above and only fly off when I hear the Home Point prompt and check it on the map,, if not I land and start over...;)

The right procedure is to CHECK the home position on the map, as the audio prompt says.

There's no need for manually set the home position, but if you do it, you have to check it on the map, also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef