Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

*Review and Warning* MC Cases for Spark

nutsnbolts

Join
Nov 25, 2017
I wanted to get this out for those folks who are interested in cases for the Spark.

I specifically ordered the UK version of the case "Fly-More Explorer"

Carry Case for DJI Spark   Fly More UK Version    MC CASES.COM.png

You can't get this in the US but specifically order it directly from Germany where it would be shipped. Yes, there is a approximately about a $40 shipping charge on top of the case itself but overall, the case is wonderfully made and in my opinion, definitely worth it.

The US version which you can get in the US (via Amazon, etc.) as you see below is slightly different in that it has room for the propeller guards instead of the larger two spots to hold "random" accessories. You can fit the propellers in the two spots on the UK version, however, I think you limit yourself if you went with the US version. I really don't know why they do this and don't make the UK version available in the US directly. I figure there is more flexibility to the UK version.

Carry Case for DJI Spark   Fly More Explorer Edition     MC CASES.COM.png

In either case (no pun intended), they are both made perfectly for the Spark. Perfect fit in all regards and highly made of quality materials. The case is intended to be for the "fly more" combo which will store everything in it.

This is a hard case and along with the streamlined design, it is very small. I won't get into the dimensions exactly but you can definitely visit the website for the exact dimensions. It's SMALL to say the least and for a hard case where you think it would be larger than some of the semi-hard cases, it is very manageable to carry around minus the shoulder strap.

It will carry 6 batteries including the battery in your spark. There is a spot for the charging hub but that can be interchangeable to carry your phone or dedicated small device (including plus size phones). Overall it's well thought out and if you do have additional accessories it will accommodate it all. I will say that if you carry a mount, depending on the mount (collapsible or not) it may be able to fit. Mavmounts will definitely not fit but it's not a big deal. Furthermore, if you have an ipad mini 4 or any tablet devices, there is no room for that. This case will keep things compact and will force you to streamline what you carry.

Overall, the only WARNING that I have experience is that when you close the case. From time to time I did run into warm batteries when I opened the case. I couldn't figure out what was going on and I realized that the spongy material would press on the power button of the battery. NOT GOOD.

Now, I hope I don't deter anyone but this was rare instance that this happened and honestly I just want to cautious anyone that buys this case to keep that in mind. Like I said it's not a problem. In order to prevent this what I did was cut the top off the spongy material that lined up with the battery to ensure it will NEVER be a problem again.

Above all, I would highly recommend it! Let me know if you have any questions.

20180227_183836.jpg

Thanks for the review.
I've been looking at that case for a while and noticed two different images every so often. One would have an SD card slot(s) and the other didn't, now I know why.

Thanks for the review.
I've been looking at that case for a while and noticed two different images every so often. One would have an SD card slot(s) and the other didn't, now I know why.
There are other little slots that fits cords nicely and what I didn't show is what was underneath the Spark. There is a space to put the charging brick and the cord slides nicely in place. Very innovative. Underneath the controller there is a slot with a cover to put the extra propellers. All in all it was well thought out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme