Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

RTH as explained in the manual?

bmarlowe

Join
Dec 21, 2017
Loc
United States
Going thru the RTH section (starting on page 13) of the users manual carefully has raised some questions, at least for me:

1) On page 13, for Smart RTH with RC, it says:
"Pressing and holding the RTH button on the RC can also initialte RTH."

Holding for how long? Is there anything on the DJI Go 4 app display to indicate you have successfully initiated RTH?

2) On page 13 with respect to the RC and low-battery RTH it says:
"...when a low battery warning is triggered...after the 10-second warning, the AC will automatically return to the home point. The user can cancel the RTH...by pressing the RTH button..."

So it seems like if you press the RTH button during the 10-second period, you initiate RTH. If you press it after, you cancel RTH. Is that what they really mean?

3) On page 14 with respect to Failsafe RTH and the RC it says:
"The user may cancel RTH to regain control when the wireless signal connection is reestablished."

It doesn't say what you should actually you cancel RTH in that case. What do you do?

On page 15, item 5 at top of page it says:
"The AC will land and stop its motors after user confirmation."

What is "user confirmation?"

Thanks,
Mark

Experiment with RTH when your flying, it will become clearer when you start doing it

Reactions: George
Experiment with RTH when your flying, it will become clearer when you start doing it

Zoran - thanks. Yes I appreciate that, but I like to know what is supposed to happen beforehand - misunderstanding can lead to unpleasant things happening. The manual should be clear, all terms should be defined before they are used, etc. Telling you to do "confirmation" without explaining what it means is ludicrous. I've written a lot of technical papers, etc. They could do much better.

Confirmation means a swipe box appears on your screen asking if you want to land...it really is self explanatory when you fly the drone

Regarding RTH on your RC you press and hold for a few seconds until you hear beeping and the app tells you return to home has been activated

Reactions: George
Go to YouTube type in Spark return to home...lots of videos available

2) On page 13 with respect to the RC and low-battery RTH it says:
"...when a low battery warning is triggered...after the 10-second warning, the AC will automatically return to the home point. The user can cancel the RTH...by pressing the RTH button..."

So it seems like if you press the RTH button during the 10-second period, you initiate RTH. If you press it after, you cancel RTH. Is that what they really mean?
It means DJI GO will display a prompt and give you 10 seconds to cancel the RTH procedure. If you do nothing, RTH will be initiated after 10 seconds. Once your Spark starts the RTH process, you can still press the RTH button on the remote controller to cancel RTH (if you do not want the Spark to return home for some reason).

3) On page 14 with respect to Failsafe RTH and the RC it says:
"The user may cancel RTH to regain control when the wireless signal connection is reestablished."

It doesn't say what you should actually you cancel RTH in that case. What do you do?
It's always safest to be in full control of your Spark when it's landing (or near any other obstacle). For that reason, I like to cancel RTH when my Spark is near the home point and manually land it.

It means DJI GO will display a prompt and give you 10 seconds to cancel the RTH procedure. If you do nothing, RTH will be initiated after 10 seconds. Once your Spark starts the RTH process, you can still press the RTH button on the remote controller to cancel RTH (if you do not want the Spark to return home for some reason).

It's always safest to be in full control of your Spark when it's landing (or near any other obstacle). For that reason, I like to cancel RTH when my Spark is near the home point and manually land it.

Thanks msinger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar