Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

SD Card Errors after Formatting/Use in Spark?

Thanks, Barbara. I've had the issue even after short test flights where I started and stopped recording before powering down the Spark. Having it happen when powering down without stopping recording is certainly understandable, but I'm quite sure it's happening even when I'm doing everything right ... :)

Oh well, was just a thought. Hopefully you get it sorted soon.

I have a brand-new 64GB Sandisk SD card for my Spark and it was formatted in the Spark itself. If I record video to it using the Spark and then insert it into my laptop to review/copy it, Windows 10 reports that there's something wrong with the drive and it needs to be scanned/fixed.

I've done that, but the next time I save video to it the same thing happens again. I've run CHKDSK against it and it reports no errors, so I'm not sure what's going on here. The video I've recorded is playable whether I go through the Windows 10 fix process or not.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Here's the detail from the scan of the card:

Chkdsk was executed in read/write mode.

Checking file system on E:
Volume label is Data.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

256 file records processed. File verification completed.

0 large file records processed.
0 bad file records processed.
Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...

366 index entries processed. Index verification completed.

0 reparse records processed.
0 reparse records processed.
Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
Cleaning up 27 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 27 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 27 unused security descriptors.
Security descriptor verification completed.

55 data files processed.
Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.

102396 KB total disk space.
40424 KB in 100 files.
96 KB in 57 indexes.
2724 KB in use by the system.
2048 KB occupied by the log file.
59152 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
25599 total allocation units on disk.
14788 allocation units available on disk.
get a high quality card... dont buy cheap ebay ones... get one reliable.. and pay more than 10 dollars

get a high quality card... dont buy cheap ebay ones... get one reliable.. and pay more than 10 dollars

A 64GB Sandisk SDXC card sold and fulfilled by Amazon is a "cheap ebay one?" Wow, who'd have known ... :/

Seriously, did you actually read my posts?

did you learn manners also
A 64GB Sandisk SDXC card sold and fulfilled by Amazon is a "cheap ebay one?" Wow, who'd have known ... :/

Seriously, did you actually read my posts?

did you learn manners? yes i read your posts .. i was just stating a fact some of these are knock offs even if it says its high end and oyu pay a high price.. wow im really thinking of not ever comeing back to these forums so far ive been insulted ive been kick off all for helping people.... geesh now technically insuled by you dodge deboulet... thanks

did you learn manners also

did you learn manners? yes i read your posts .. i was just stating a fact some of these are knock offs even if it says its high end and oyu pay a high price.. wow im really thinking of not ever comeing back to these forums so far ive been insulted ive been kick off all for helping people.... geesh now technically insuled by you dodge deboulet... thanks

Well, speaking of manners ... you made an incorrect assumption, then called me out and effectively accused me of going cheap on my SD cards when it was pretty obvious that I did not. Was my response really that unreasonable?

Regardless, now that we've both gotten that out of our systems, can we just virtually shake hands and put this behind us?

Reactions: pmshop
Well, speaking of manners ... you made an incorrect assumption, then called me out and effectively accused me of going cheap on my SD cards when it was pretty obvious that I did not. Was my response really that unreasonable?

Regardless, now that we've both gotten that out of our systems, can we just virtually shake hands and put this behind us?

sure why not.. besides im old and grumpy and older grumpy men are always on edge lol

Reactions: Dodge DeBoulet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef