Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Seventh Fairy Tried to return to the Jade Kingdom - (Heaven)

I

Inactive

Hello pilots, so two days ago, heaven blessed me with a beautiful day to fly. Upon flight "Seventh Fairy" (My DJI Spark) Lost connection to the controller and ascended directly towards Heaven (UP), when she began showing me what she was seeing after re connecting, she was at 1100 feet directly up. I thought this cannot be true (Correct) so I began calling her down (Descending) and when she reached 700 feet I knew she had truly ascended into 1100 feet high.

My question is as follows-

Q: What is the legal flight altitude in Louisiana. I did preform a search upon google, and found a line of answers all different, so I resort to asking here simply because I know not what to hold belief within.

PS: My wish is to view the beauty of Mother's Nature without entering the realm of trouble.
Any assistance any pilot may offer shall be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all so very much for any help you may provide

-Seventh Fairy-

Hi, welcome to the forum. I don’t know about the aviation rules of Louisiana, 400ft is a general rule, as the limit for UAVs. More puzzling is why your spark flew that far up after loosing connection.

Had you calibrated the compass?
What height was the RTH set at?
When you took off did the spark set the home point?

These are things you should check to prevent 7th Fairy from trying to reach the stars

Oh hello, yes I calibrated the compass then the IMU and as always, I do not fly untill it has enough satellites. I think maybe because I live in a rather large trailor park. So much metal and there's more than 75 wifi signals here lol. I was able to re connect and receiver her signal after about 2 minutes. I brought her down and upon landing in my palm, she had less that 10% energy remaining. I thing I fly in the middle next time where the small park is instead of my driveway.

Good idea, many wifi systems have Bluetooth. Bluetooth is frequent cause of interference with the spark, avoid it completely when flying. I’m glad that you able to reconnect & land safely.

Me too because I'm kinda poor at the moment so getting a replacement spark wouldn't happen for months.

After going through all my settings I found out that it was set to 500M and my brother put it there it there thinking 500m was 500 feet. I hate when he touches my stuff. I'm pretty sure some setting he messed with might be the cause. He won't be able to touch it again.

After going through all my settings I found out that it was set to 500M and my brother put it there it there thinking 500m was 500 feet. I hate when he touches my stuff. I'm pretty sure some setting he messed with might be the cause. He won't be able to touch it again.

You're saying there is a gremlin in the Fairy family? :eek: Well, that explains it. Check your return to home alt too... it should be high enough to clear the tallest obstacles around your flying area. I sometimes adjust this, as my terrain has a 46m variance.... usually I set it to about 50m. In Canada we are limited to 90m max height, so sometimes I set it to that depending if I am going to be over that higher ground.

Bad gremlin.... bad.....;)

Glad you didn't lose it!! Very scary stuff...Happened to me for the 1st time this past Friday and I've been too nervous to fly since! I was only at about 300' altitude. I've only flown about a dozen times so far and keep getting braver...That one knocked me back a peg or 3!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef