Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Shipping delays on combo?

Hey all I'm new to this form and I just got an email with a delivery date of July 20 to Aug 5 combo pk
That's plain crazy. Get on the chat with them. Although, I would ponder when did your funds clear to DJI? Add say 3 weeks to that and yours should be flying too.

100% agree...their (DJI) labor cost to make these products is nil and I'm sure they negotiate favorable shipping rates with FedEx.

As someone who has watched a whole string of US and European companies fail miserably, over the past seven or eight years, to bring really useful, innovative practical, reliable multirotors to market, it's great to see a company that hires real engineers and techs, and hires workers who build to a standard that to me looks like - and works like - a very high level indeed. The idea that the costs of such are "nil" is not very accurate. That works for tennis shoes and such, and not even so much in China anymore - the really cheap labor is to the southeast. But regarding shipping, I'm sure that there is intense bidding for DJI's shipping contracts, and they certainly are not victimized by anything remotely close to the outrageous fleecings administered to us peasants by FedEx and their ilk.

Reactions: andrew reeves
Hey all I'm new to this form and I just got an email with a delivery date of July 20 to Aug 5 combo pk
When did you order yours? I think they are doing them in fortnightly waves. Day of launch orders were shipped for delivery on 15th, the next wave will be shipping our for delivery around the 30th then the next wave shipping 15th July and so on. I ordered on the 2nd of June and have been told mine will be delivered the 17th.

As someone who has watched a whole string of US and European companies fail miserably, over the past seven or eight years, to bring really useful, innovative practical, reliable multirotors to market, it's great to see a company that hires real engineers and techs, and hires workers who build to a standard that to me looks like - and works like - a very high level indeed. The idea that the costs of such are "nil" is not very accurate. That works for tennis shoes and such, and not even so much in China anymore - the really cheap labor is to the southeast. But regarding shipping, I'm sure that there is intense bidding for DJI's shipping contracts, and they certainly are not victimized by anything remotely close to the outrageous fleecings administered to us peasants by FedEx and their ilk.
I guess my use of the word "nil" didn't quite convey the message I was trying to get across.

Has anyone taken delivery of any combos in colors other than green?

When did you order yours? I think they are doing them in fortnightly waves. Day of launch orders were shipped for delivery on 15th, the next wave will be shipping our for delivery around the 30th then the next wave shipping 15th July and so on. I ordered on the 2nd of June and have been told mine will be delivered the 17th.
I ordered mine from Amazon on June 5

Reactions: Malakai

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe