Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Signal booster arrived - Sunnylife

sovamoonspark

Join
Mar 11, 2019
My booster arrived and yesterday I was testing it. My truly recommendation to you all who wants to increase stability and range on the screen. I'm on CE and now easy can reach 900m without any lag on open area. In the city before my max was abt 300m ( where are to many buildings, antennas...) Yesterday I reach 560m easy. These booster I paid 10E and worth every penny

My booster arrived and yesterday I was testing it. My truly recommendation to you all who wants to increase stability and range on the screen. I'm on CE and now easy can reach 900m without any lag on open area. In the city before my max was abt 300m ( where are to many buildings, antennas...) Yesterday I reach 560m easy. These booster I paid 10E and worth every penny
View attachment 9803

Thank you for sharing your experience with this range booster. Btw, are you aware that it is possible to switch from CE to FCC without much hassle and get similar or even better results than what you got?

Reactions: sovamoonspark
Yea I know abt the FCC but honestly afraid little bit to change as I am still new to the drones. Only using few months. I was watching lot of videos on youtube abt that and still dont know which one will work me. Cna you sent me plz what is the best video for you to change from CE to FCC. Thanks :)

Yea I know abt the FCC but honestly afraid little bit to change as I am still new to the drones. Only using few months. I was watching lot of videos on youtube abt that and still dont know which one will work me. Cna you sent me plz what is the best video for you to change from CE to FCC. Thanks :)
It is very simple. If you are using Android, you can watch the video below. Just make sure you are connected via WiFi and not OTG when you are setting up the fake location. Once you switch to FCC, you can start using OTG again.

It's not really a "booster", more like a "focuser", but yes it will help a Spark and an Air, whether you are in CE or FCC. It doesn't seem to add much to the Mavic Pro though, not a problem since it already has a massive range thanks to Occusync.

It's not really a "booster", more like a "focuser", but yes it will help a Spark and an Air, whether you are in CE or FCC. It doesn't seem to add much to the Mavic Pro though, not a problem since it already has a massive range thanks to Occusync.

I am new to flying. What is CE, and what is FCC?

Each country has to abide by a set
of regulations for devices which work on wireless communication. The regulations vary from country to country and when it comes to the DJI drones, they have designed their controllers in a manner that they switch between different regulations depending on the region they are operated in. CE and FCC are two such regulations followed in Europe and USA respectively. Without going into the technical specifics, I think it will suffice to tell you for now that Spark has the maximum range of 2kms in FCC mode as compared to just 500m in CE mode.

View attachment 9803

Agreed.

The passive parabolic signal booster is about the best $10 a Spark owner can spend.**

Takes up little space and sets up in seconds. Results are instant and obvious. Too bad DJI can't work this into OEM design -- it really enhances overall performance.

The brand name is really irrelevant. I've been sent a bunch of them and they all appear to be identical -- same mold, same material, etc.

**Just be sure to remove the plastic film that protects the reflective coating

of regulations for devices which work on wireless communication. The regulations vary from country to country and when it comes to the DJI drones, they have designed their controllers in a manner that they switch between different regulations depending on the region they are operated in. CE and FCC are two such regulations followed in Europe and USA respectively. Without going into the technical specifics, I think it will suffice to tell you for now that Spark has the maximum range of 2kms in FCC mode as compared to just 500m in CE mode.

Thank you. I appreciate the help. Perfectly clear now.

Reactions: nilanjan118
If I fake the GPS does this cancel the official "HOME" take off point?

No. Each time you launch the app after faking the location, you will get a prompt asking your permission to switch back to CE and you should select CANCEL every time. That's because the app gets the real location of the AC and sets home point, which you can verify on the map. RTH will also work normally as before.

Reactions: SirrRoyston

Is there a list of the countries and the rules outside the US and Europe?

fcc federal communications commission and ce is the European equivalent of that... basically the fcc lets full power 1 watt and the england etc use 500 mah because of density in population over there etc and the laws.. fcc is the better one it gives you 1/3 more power output

I have that booster works great
but dont you have to point always point your transitter at the craft.. what if the sun is in your screen and you have to put your back to it? what about when its above you? i just dont see the bennifit in these they dont let the top radiate power out of the antenna and farther to the side the focus is something like 90 degress when it should be 180 forward top and full side but not back facing you.... why yoru body blocks it anyway.... so i can make a tinfoil flat panel and do the same thing you dont need to focus the waves just bounce them the the variation in time and freq should be fine see when you bounce signal it hits the wave already behind it transmitting and cancels out part of the message so id liek to see how these deal with error correction.. i think theres software build in for this... in the spark not sure

Reactions: nilanjan118
It is very simple. If you are using Android, you can watch the video below. Just make sure you are connected via WiFi and not OTG when you are setting up the fake location. Once you switch to FCC, you can start using OTG again.

What about people that use iPhones?

It is possible. I have never bothered to look because I am an Android user but there are people using iOS who have made the forced FCC switch as well. I am sure you will find video tutorials on YouTube.

Reactions: eequinn
Borrow an android phone, do the change then go back to the iphone. I have a Sony XZ1 that i use daily as my phone but i use an iPhone 6Plus for Spark. I did the FCC change via my android then just closed it all down and started it up again the way i normally would with the iPhone. Just remember to cancel the WiFi change everytime and it will stay on FCC. Yesterday i used THIS booster from amazon, iPhone 6plus OTG to the controller and also changed to 2.4ghz. The drone was "line of sight" with no buildings or trees to block the signal at 110m elevation and max distance i got before i chickened out and started to return was 2600m( just over 1.5miles)!!! I also use UAV Forcast app for APPLE or ANDROID just to check the weather and KP readings. I am a new drone pilot (a week infact) but have flown helis before. These are so much more stable and i would say safer. Iam honestly super impressed with this little drone. Anyone can fly these drones which is prob not a good thing in the long run.

Last edited:
Reactions: sovamoonspark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex