Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Skywatch drone insurance

rcdancer

Join
Nov 3, 2018
Loc
SE United States
Single young people may not care but at my age with assets and a wife to protect, drone insurance is a smart move particularly in the increasingly litigious society in which we live. After some research, I'm going with Skywatch. You can buy-as-you-fly or go for a monthly plan. A 1-hour flight where I've often flown will cover me for $10 with a $1 million liability covering bodily injury, property damage, and invasion of privacy claims. You can use the app (available on both IOS and Android) to book ahead of a flight or sign up just before you launch the drone. If you fly more than 5-6 times a month, a monthly plan covers you everywhere in the U.S., is cheaper, with no restriction on number of flights and also optionally includes hull insurance for the drone (however you can only sign up for a monthly plan if you're 107 certified.) Rates comes down the safer you fly. If you fly commercially, you're taking a huge risk with no insurance.

Last edited:
Verifly has similar coverage.

It too is available in the app stores.

For anyone in the UK, membership of the BMFA (British Model Flying Association) automatically includes an excellent insurance policy at no extra cost. It covers all recreational flying, without any restrictions, worldwide. It includes personal liability. The only requirement I can see is that you must be flying in accordance with any regulations that are in force at the time, which we should be anyway. At £38 membership fee for 2019, it represents fantastic value. Nobody should be in the air without insurance!!!

Reactions: ralf
For anyone in the UK, membership of the BMFA (British Model Flying Association) automatically includes an excellent insurance policy at no extra cost. It covers all recreational flying, without any restrictions, worldwide. It includes personal liability. The only requirement I can see is that you must be flying in accordance with any regulations that are in force at the time, which we should be anyway. At £38 membership fee for 2019, it represents fantastic value. Nobody should be in the air without insurance!!!
I checked this out too and they seem friendly and helpful. They lean towards r.c helicopters and aircraft but are happy to accept drone pilots. Good find.

Ozzie’s can look at joining the AMAS, $48 membership & it includes insurance. Its set for RC planes but I think it accepts all UAVs.
I haven’t looked into it yet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar