Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Slow and Careful

AirCam

Join
May 29, 2018
Loc
Florida

My first try at drone video. There was a 15 knot breeze so it was extra difficult close to the beach area. Notice how the duck seems oblivious to the presence of the drone. All editing was done with Davinci Resolve. It is pretty difficult to use, and this was my first day with it. I think it is major overkill for the job I was trying to do, but it appears to do pretty much anything you could ever want with video and audio.

My first try at drone video. There was a 15 knot breeze so it was extra difficult close to the beach area. Notice how the duck seems oblivious to the presence of the drone. All editing was done with Davinci Resolve. It is pretty difficult to use, and this was my first day with it. I think it is major overkill for the job I was trying to do, but it appears to do pretty much anything you could ever want with video and audio.
Nice video. I wanted to ask what was with the glitchyness on the first shot of the video? Some of my videos do it to when I save them to my phone. I made a video where it didn’t do it then I added more clips and pictures and when I download it, it was glitchy not sure why

I slowed it down to 1/4 speed and that made the editing software have to hold each frame for four frames to fill the gap, That caused the jerkiness. If we could film at 60 frames per second it would be only half that bad.

I slowed it down to 1/4 speed and that made the editing software have to hold each frame for four frames to fill the gap, That caused the jerkiness. If we could film at 60 frames per second it would be only half that bad.
How did you slow it down ?

Good video and you were brave to fly over the water while being so close to the trees. But you did very well and it made for some interesting views. Looked like you were in Sport Mode which would add to the jerkiness. Try the Tripod Mode if you want much smoother panning and movement. And if you want to edit out a lot of the jerkiness take a look at this processing software that works great if you don't already know about it. Mercalli (Windows)

Good video and you were brave to fly over the water while being so close to the trees. But you did very well and it made for some interesting views. Looked like you were in Sport Mode which would add to the jerkiness. Try the Tripod Mode if you want much smoother panning and movement. And if you want to edit out a lot of the jerkiness take a look at this processing software that works great if you don't already know about it. Mercalli (Windows)

Did not know about Mercalli, going to give that a shot. Thankfully I have both Mac and PC's to process with.

Nice location. I was worried when I saw the powerlines as you approached the lake. It’s hard to get a smooth panning shot with the spark. Well done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis