Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Some Sunday Shots

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
Here's a pano shot of the Mill River and Fox Island (located center) facing towards Cascumpec Bay. Instead of using Pano mode I just took two manual shots and stitched them together with MS's ICE.

pano-foxisland.jpg

A bird's eye view of a silverside box net. Around here silverside is used commercially as lobster bait. The fish that are caught during the fall season will be frozen and used as bait during the spring lobster season.

silverside-net.jpg

And lastly here's a pic of a washed up lobster trap taken with ShallowFocus mode.

lobster-trap.jpg

Said it before but you sure live in a beautiful place. Great shots too. Was 3 a drone shot-I should know I know!?

Thanks for your kind words twickers, much appreciated.

The pano is a three shot bracket but other two were single exposures with brightness turned up one stop in post. I used a PP ND16/PL with all three shots.
I see why they say it's generally not a good idea using a polarizer with panos (messes with the sky) and I also had the sun about 140° to my right so not ideal either but I went with it anyway. :) I find if I get too fussy I end up with nothing. I had a few others better exposed but went with the perspective on this one. Did you notice the white along the shoreline, right side? Fingers were getting a big numb on the sticks by the end of it. Gotta find some tactile warm gloves soon.

shoreice.jpg

Great shots mate. I've mainly done video with my drone will need to play around more with some photography I think :)
Thanks man. I really think you'll enjoy it if you give it a go. Plus you would have a ton of scenic shots available to you from your neck of the woods my friend.

Reactions: MickDoesStuff
Nice shots. MC ICE really does a great job in stitching panos. One of the must have applications for any photographer.

Reactions: RotorWash
Nice work, I particularly liked the silverside box net overhead shot. One of those unusual things that makes people say "whaaat?". Thanks for sharing.

Thanks man. I really think you'll enjoy it if you give it a go. Plus you would have a ton of scenic shots available to you from your neck of the woods my friend.

Might see if I can get the drone out on the weekend and take some photos, yeah got a few points of interest within a reasonable distance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502