Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Erratic Flight

KeIki Mike

Join
Aug 16, 2020
I’ve had my Spark for a year and I love flying it. I do not have a RC and only use my iPhone X and the Go4 app. I like to palm launch and palm land and mess around with Active Track.

Last month after a successful palm launch the drone flew straight down, hit the ground and started ‘bouncing‘ up and down only getting a foot or so off the ground and flying back down to the ground again. It was scary.

I’m in touch with Tech Support and have learned how to Sync Flight Records But don’t know if that data got to their server as they requested.

So far they don’t have a solution. I wonder if I should get DJI Care now? I think I’m beyond the Warranty period, but not sure about that.

I’ve seen some videos of Sparks doing the same bad behavior but no one had a answer I could use. Some said to use the RC, but I only have my phone.

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks

What was the ambient air temperature? My Spark did that a few weeks ago and I attributed to the outside air temp being 104°F and flying in direct sunlight causing the spark to overheat. I didn't get any error message and it hasn't flown erratically since then.

I've only had this happen to me once but the problem was related to the (vps) sensors underneath the drone which needed cleaning off with a cloth. If you palm launch and land a lot then you might have gotten something on one or more of the sensors. Even if they look clean when you check them it may have gotten some small debris on there temporarily. I suggest giving those three sensors on the bottom a wipe and then try a few test flights in a safe area to see if the problem continues.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
What was the ambient air temperature? My Spark did that a few weeks ago and I attributed to the outside air temp being 104°F and flying in direct sunlight causing the spark to overheat. I didn't get any error message and it hasn't flown erratically since then.
I’m in Hawaii and the temperature would have been mid 80’s.
Thank you for the reply. I’ll try cleaning the sensors next as the second person suggeste.

I’ve had my Spark for a year and I love flying it. I do not have a RC and only use my iPhone X and the Go4 app. I like to palm launch and palm land and mess around with Active Track.

Last month after a successful palm launch the drone flew straight down, hit the ground and started ‘bouncing‘ up and down only getting a foot or so off the ground and flying back down to the ground again. It was scary.

I’m in touch with Tech Support and have learned how to Sync Flight Records But don’t know if that data got to their server as they requested.

So far they don’t have a solution. I wonder if I should get DJI Care now? I think I’m beyond the Warranty period, but not sure about that.

I’ve seen some videos of Sparks doing the same bad behavior but no one had a answer I could use. Some said to use the RC, but I only have my phone.

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
I am

Hi mike I have been having same problem ,spark is acting like spoilt Child throwing a tantrum next day it performs perfect it would seem when the temperature is over 25 c, might have something to do with it I am not game to fly out of my acre block. I do hope we can find problems and get it fixed before loosing our sparks. Hope my reply is too late . Best regards Engie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers