Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark for search and rescue.

Putz

Join
Mar 5, 2018
As a first responder for a local fire department, I aways figured once I was good with operating the spark, I would try it for a search and rescue call. Today the Spark got its chance to show what it could do and it surely didn't let us down. The call came out for four kyakers who were lost in a local marsh. I was able to drive to a boat launch and send up the spark before the boats arrived. Within 6 minutes we located the kayaks and had a direction of travel for the boats. I flew the spark farther away then I ever had before, but it never failed. Only had 12% left on the battery but a successful mission and 4 safe kayakers.

Good job on the rescue. What a time saver.:)
That's the draw back of the Spark. Flight time.

Your company needs to invest in one of Sparks bigger brothers like the Phantoms or Inspire.
Something with changeable lens like infrared / thermal plus better distance and fight time.
You might need a remote pilot's license as well since it's use will "benefit the business" if operating in the FAA airspace (US).

I have been looking for either a higher end phantom 3 or 4, anything with longer range. Those are the best for swapping with a thermal. I know of a few departments with these and they have many uses beyond searches.

Reactions: NickP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502