Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark may surprise you

Thanks for the info. ?

I wandered about that.

I have read that some pilots didn't do something right in the planning and they never saw the Spark again?

I may purchase it soon since my Spark is out of warranty and I'm willing to be a bit riskier with the Spark.

If I lose the Spark, hello Mavic Air 2. ?

Good downside!

When you're finished setting up your mission on the web based mission hub, you can export a .kml file and open it in Google Earth pro (it's free) to make sure you're not going to crash into a mountainside.

But, yeah, if your spark is far away, i mean, they're pretty amazing, but s---t happens...

open it in Google Earth pro (it's free) to make sure ....

I seen a Litchi mission video here on the Forum a while back of an abandoned mining town that was awesome.

Probably the best thing about the mission was the Spark came back and survied after going between two residential power lines on poles (not the big towers). :oops:

That's the one thing Google Earth doesn't show you precisely when planning a mission.

Best to scout the area before any flight to be sure.:)

Reactions: basily
I don't have Litchi myself, yet, but from what I have read from various posts that the mission can be planed on a PC with the use of Google Earth. Once the mission is saved it is loaded onto the Spark and will run the mission on it's own, even when it's disconnected.

Just make sure the last way point is back to you and not miles away.

Litchi allows you to plan what happens when the mission is over, one of the options is return to home, so when the last way point is done, the aircraft will return to the home point which is usually set at takeoff, i.e. it will return back to you. If the mission is planned correctly you can put the controller down and simply wait for the aircraft to return. Common mistakes occur if the waypoint altitudes have not been planned according to height above ground or height above take off point. The Mission hub that is the online component of Litchi is more than sufficient to plan a mission, you don't need google earth. You can export the mission to google earth and run it as a tour or show altitudes etc.

Litchi allows you to plan what happens when the mission is over, one of the options is return to home, so when the last way point is done, the aircraft will return to the home point which is usually set at takeoff, i.e. it will return back to you. If the mission is planned correctly you can put the controller down and simply wait for the aircraft to return. Common mistakes occur if the waypoint altitudes have not been planned according to height above ground or height above take off point. The Mission hub that is the online component of Litchi is more than sufficient to plan a mission, you don't need google earth. You can export the mission to google earth and run it as a tour or show altitudes etc.

Thank you for the response, and to the other Litchi pilots out there.

This app seems like a no brainier, other than the "learning curve" on how to use it. But then again, everyday is a new day to learn something. :)

It gives me another reason to click the "buy" button.

Reactions: RotorWash
When you're finished setting up your mission on the web based mission hub, you can export a .kml file and open it in Google Earth pro (it's free) to make sure you're not going to crash into a mountainside.
I like using Virtual Litchi Mission (Win only) to facilitate this process. It has a great user guide under the help tab and there's also a Chrome plugin version available for users running Mac or Win.

Thanks....I found it last night BUT no sound...?!? Also the link you sent is mute. I’ll go through it frame by frame I guess. Much appreciated

Is there any advantage to the VLM chrome plugin over the .exe or vice versa? Any point installing both?
I just tried the plugin and can't see much difference as of yet but the app's developer (bazuchan@MavicPilots) when recently asked about how they compared stated; "VLM have more customizations and covering some special cases better."

The forum thread over on MPs for the plugin is located at this link. There is also a Firefox extension available from the same coder located here.

Reactions: basily
On my last litchi flight, the final leg started with 'signal lost drone out of control' i looked at my screen to what i thought was my spark in a hover, nope! Seconds later the spark was coming over head as commanded.

Chaz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers