Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark video/picture question

Mtntrogger

Join
Aug 16, 2019
Hi everyone. I'm new here, 1st post. So I bought a spark last weekend and like a complete idiot flew it without enough training and ended up crashing it into a lake. I was taking it easy for the first few batteries, just experimenting, then switched on the sport mode. I lost sight of it, got a low battery warning and attempted to RTH but it kept failing. I never saw it go in the water but based on the GPS it sure looks like that what happened. Anyway, moving on I really enjoyed my few flights with the drone and am going to get a replacement this weekend ! The one thing that really stuck out was that the video feed on my phone from dj go was extremely pixelated to the point of not really being usable during the flight. I took several videos and pics and they all look pretty aweful. Granted I am a complete noob and also didn't need with any settings which I'm sure makes a huge difference. I am aware that a high speed SD card is needed and also a device with a processor speed of at least 3gigs is needed to keep the video feed from lagging/pixelation.

But I'm mostly interested in knowing if the footage/pics on the SD card on the drone would have looked different ? I presume it looks pretty much perfect , and the footage that is on the phone can be deleted correct ? Obviously if the video/pics looks the same on the SD card I would not consider rebuying, but I've seen a bunch of good footage shot from the spark so I don't think it's the device, but more likely the overzealous, under skilled operator !
Thanks for

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Mtntrogger.

The content on the card (if fast enough) should be the good stuff.

The cache can be deleted or not record at all, although it doesn't take up too much room.
I tend to record video the whole flight just in case of a "fly away". At least I'll have a possible video cache of the crash site and make it easier to find if the Spark was still transmitting.

Try an OTG cable to help with the video lag. The cable eliminates the WiFi connection between the device and the remote, which is vulnerable to WiFi interference, to a solid connection which may help in a lot of cases.

Welcome to the Forum.?

Hi everyone. I'm new here, 1st post. So I bought a spark last weekend and like a complete idiot flew it without enough training and ended up crashing it into a lake. I was taking it easy for the first few batteries, just experimenting, then switched on the sport mode. I lost sight of it, got a low battery warning and attempted to RTH but it kept failing. I never saw it go in the water but based on the GPS it sure looks like that what happened. Anyway, moving on I really enjoyed my few flights with the drone and am going to get a replacement this weekend ! The one thing that really stuck out was that the video feed on my phone from dj go was extremely pixelated to the point of not really being usable during the flight. I took several videos and pics and they all look pretty aweful. Granted I am a complete noob and also didn't need with any settings which I'm sure makes a huge difference. I am aware that a high speed SD card is needed and also a device with a processor speed of at least 3gigs is needed to keep the video feed from lagging/pixelation.

But I'm mostly interested in knowing if the footage/pics on the SD card on the drone would have looked different ? I presume it looks pretty much perfect , and the footage that is on the phone can be deleted correct ? Obviously if the video/pics looks the same on the SD card I would not consider rebuying, but I've seen a bunch of good footage shot from the spark so I don't think it's the device, but more likely the overzealous, under skilled operator !
Thanks for

Your correct in thinking the footage on the onboard sd card would have been better. It’s a shame you lost lt before you were able to view it. You might consider practicing in an open field away from water until you get to know your drone. The drone is ready right out of the box, it’s the operator that needs work! Good Luck

Reactions: loup
Get a good SD card and record the entire flight. The video on the card is tons better than what you see on the phone. You can get some pretty good out and back video in sports mode but any turns are going to be worthless for viewing. Sorry about your drone loss.

Thanks for
On your replacement Spark, note that you set what wifi "band" the drone uses for communicating. Perhaps you were in an area where that part of the band was crowded - that could cause the pixelization. Next time, try going to someplace clear and not-so dangerous, like an open field. That is the best place to practice flying, play with settings, etc. Not over water. And make sure you have your Return To Home altitude set high enough to make it over any trees/obstacles in the area f you lose control of the aircraft. You should do that every time before you take off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe