Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

St. Mary’s Church

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
St. Mary’s Church is located in Indian River about an hour drive from my home.

church_1.jpg

The church was decommissioned by the Roman Catholic diocese in September 2009 and was purchased by the Indian River Festival in 2010. The festival offers a summer long series of concerts in folk, jazz, blues, classical and contemporary music.

church_2.jpg

An extensive restoration program was undertaken in 2010 and 2011 which saw the roof replaced, exterior painted, large gothic window restored, and improvements made to the stained glass windows and entranceways. However as can be seen a new paint job is back in order. Note: in the pic below I have the contrast adjusted making the white appear darker than it should but it helped with detail.

church_3.jpg

It was designated a heritage place in recognition of its historical and architectural significance to Prince Edward Island. St. Mary’s is the largest wooden church in the province, constructed between 1900 and 1902. The space is admired for its architectural and acoustic details, including the dominant 128-foot circular tower on the southwest corner decorated with statues of the 12 apostles.

Here's a pic (not mine) of the interior.
interior.png

This last pic is a shot of Malpeque harbour which is only a few minutes from the St. Mary's Church. I tried for a "ink sketch/pastal" look in post using the free app Paint.NET.

malpeque_harbour.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502