Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Stoney Point

droffarc

Join
Sep 13, 2018
At Stony point three species of cormorant; the Crowned cormorant, Cape cormorant and Bank cormorant, all of which breed on the outer rocks. There are also Hartlaub’s Gulls and Kelp Gulls which forage in the colony, while the Rock Hyrax, more commonly known as the Dassie, can be seen on the surrounding rocks.

The colony lies on the site of the old Waaygat Whaling Station, which was used to harvest and process whale meat in the early to mid 1900s. Remnants of the infrastructure for this long-defunct industry can still be found at the site.

Do not disturb the birds, they don't like it, Esp. not the pesky seagulls

Hope you enjoy.

See more of my video clips on my YT channel at:

At Stony point three species of cormorant; the Crowned cormorant, Cape cormorant and Bank cormorant, all of which breed on the outer rocks. There are also Hartlaub’s Gulls and Kelp Gulls which forage in the colony, while the Rock Hyrax, more commonly known as the Dassie, can be seen on the surrounding rocks.

The colony lies on the site of the old Waaygat Whaling Station, which was used to harvest and process whale meat in the early to mid 1900s. Remnants of the infrastructure for this long-defunct industry can still be found at the site.

Do not disturb the birds, they don't like it, Esp. not the pesky seagulls

Hope you enjoy.

See more of my video clips on my YT channel at:

I like how you just get what you can from a location... I do the same :)

Reactions: RotorWash
Didn't seem like the birds objected to the Spark too much. Thanks for sharing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis