Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Sunset last night in San Antonio

Lucas

Join
Jul 9, 2017
Last night I was at a friend's house in northern San Antonio and was flying out of his backyard around sunset. Got some beautiful images. I did a quick edit in Premiere with a grade in Resolve, mainly to bring up the detail in the dark areas on the first couple shots.

Three firsts here - first time taking my Spark all the way to 400', first time in sport mode, and first time to crash my drone. (Fell from 2' onto a rock, lost one of the LED covers. DJI wants me to send it it for repair. Thank God for the refresh.)

Lucas

I had a similar mishap and lost an LED cover, but the spark works fine. Just curious, did you send the unit back? I'm wondering how long of time table to get a new/replacement unit out?

Yeah, I sent the unit back. I contacted DJI customer service and they said I needed to ship it to them. Maybe I could have insisted on having a replacement part sent to me, but I figured that with the Refresh package, they're paying for the shipping, and while it's in their labs they can test it for any internal damage that may have happened.

I dropped it off at the UPS store on Saturday and it's going to California ground, with an estimated Thursday delivery. I'm expecting that I'll be drone-less for three to four weeks at minimum. Which makes me very, very sad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast