Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Taking the 107 cert test this Sat

rcdancer

Join
Nov 3, 2018
Loc
SE United States
I used the prep course from Drone Launch Academy (Drone Pilot License - Drone Launch Academy) to prepare. They were significantly cheaper than most other courses ($125 including a coupon) and they offer your money back if you don't pass the first time provided you make at least 80% on one of their practice tests. So far, I've made a 96, 100 and 98 on three different practice tests. After you plow through the detailed course, they have an excellent study guide and I also like their optional flashcards to help prepare. I'll report back on the FAA test results ....

Last edited:
I used the prep course from Drone Launch Academy (Drone Pilot License - Drone Launch Academy) to prepare. They were significantly cheaper than most other courses ($125 including a coupon) and they offer your money back if you don't pass the first time provided you make at least 80% on one of their practice tests. So far, I've made a 96, 100 and 98 on three different practice tests. After you plow through the detailed course, they have an excellent study guide and I also like their optional flashcards to help prepare. I'll report back on the FAA test results ....
Good luck! I'm studying the remotepilot101 coarse right now.

What did you find helpful about this course? Trying to figure out which course will work best for me. Thx.

I have the Remote Pilot 101.

What I like is the one time fee of $149.00 for a lifetime membership with updated rules and regulations as they happen.

You can take the practice test(s) as many times as you'd like and can brush up on stuff later.

Drone Launch Academy is also lifetime access so you can use it to renew every 2 years. Excellent videos and the study guide at the end of the course is quite comprehensive. The optional flashcards are great for brush-up. I like their money back guarantee if you don't pass the first time.

Break out the bubbly!

But then you can't fly for 24 hours.

Congratulations.

I'm testing Friday morning. I should be fine.

UPDATE: I took and PASSED my test with an 85%. I was passing pre-tests with high 90% and there were some questions on the test I'd never seen in pretesting. Much harder than I thought it would be. I bombed out when it came to airspace for the most part. Mostly, reading what airspace certain places on the charts were in. I thought I had it down well, but when it came to how they posed the question...not so much.

Last edited:
I'm testing Friday morning. I should be fine.

UPDATE: I took and PASSED my test with an 85%. I was passing pre-tests with high 90% and there were some questions on the test I'd never seen in pretesting. Much harder than I thought it would be. I bombed out when it came to airspace for the most part. Mostly, reading what airspace certain places on the charts were in. I thought I had it down well, but when it came to how they posed the question...not so much.

I found the same thing when I tested. I believe the Internet study materials, tutorials, and practice tests are out of date because I believe the FAA changed the test. The test I studied for seemed to be one written by aircraft pilots because some of the questions would only pertain to aircraft. However, the test I took seemed to be more inline with what drone pilots would really need to know.

Reactions: NDJollyMon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav