Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tanjung Rhu, Singapore

Rwarrior

Join
Apr 13, 2018
Hi fellow Sparkies,
Here's a video of Tanjung Rhu in Singapore.
The name of this neighborhood was inspired by a species of tree that grew in the area, with “Tanjong” meaning “point” in Malay, and “Rhu” being the informal name for the casuarina trees that grew along the shorelines in the area. Once a bustling site for the shipbuilding industry in the 1800s, Tanjong Rhu also served as a dock for fleets anchoring in Singapore waters for trade. Now, a lone lookout tower on the edge of a pier is all that remains of those days. The Tanjong Rhu area is now home to several condominium complexes, while the waterfront promenade offers unobstructed views of the reservoir and is great for runners, cyclists, or even just casual walks. Cross the Tanjong Rhu bridge and you will find yourself within the vicinity of the Singapore Sports Hub and Indoor Stadium.

Hope you enjoy it [emoji4]

Cheers,
Ranjit

Very nice Ranjit.

I'm sure the thought of flying into the stadium has crossed your mind when flying.;)

Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: Rwarrior
Hehe, thoughts shall not be spoken...
Pleading the 5th..

Thanks for the positive feedback Spark 317 [emoji4]
Very nice Ranjit.

I'm sure the thought of flying into the stadium has crossed your mind when flying.;)

Thank you for sharing.

Each video you do is more polished than the preceding one. Your "orbit" shot was smoothly executed. Were most of the shots flown "free hand" or did you use an app (i.e., Litchi, Go4 Mod, etc.)? Some of the sequences such as the stadium looked to be flown by course lock, they were so smooth. I presume there was some post-production framerate adjustment, judging from the foot and car traffic over the brides in the final segment. Always impressive and enjoyable, Rwarrior. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Rwarrior
Each video you do is more polished than the preceding one. Your "orbit" shot was smoothly executed. Were most of the shots flown "free hand" or did you use an app (i.e., Litchi, Go4 Mod, etc.)? Some of the sequences such as the stadium looked to be flown by course lock, they were so smooth. I presume there was some post-production framerate adjustment, judging from the foot and car traffic over the brides in the final segment. Always impressive and enjoyable, Rwarrior. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks I B Spectre for the great feedback, much appreciated!
Although I tested Litchi for a few flights eons ago, now all my flights are "free hand" using the standard DJI Go 4 app. I just find that I want to get airborne and then take my shots as fast as possible. I guess I've gotten used to the sensitivity of the sticks now, so that helps too.
Yes, you're right, I did speed up some of the clips in post...more to try and keep to the max 4 minutes or so, altho' I did overrun this time.
Thanks again so much for the encouragement...this forum is what keeps me going...
Cheers, and fly safe,
Ranjit

Reactions: I B Spectre
"...Now all my flights are "free hand" using the standard DJI Go 4 app." All the more impressive.

Nice job. Music fits well. Rowing teams is something I haven't seen from a drone yet. I assume they play Soccer in the National Stadium. Are there other sports that are played there? Concerts?

Nice job. Music fits well. Rowing teams is something I haven't seen from a drone yet. I assume they play Soccer in the National Stadium. Are there other sports that are played there? Concerts?
Thanks ArthurC!
Yes, the National Stadium has hosted soccer, rugby, and track and field events. It's also used sometimes for the National Day Parade.. As for concerts, these are held in the adjoining Indoor Stadium, the one with the cone shaped roof. It was designed by Japanese architect Kenzo Tange. It's been the venue for concerts by many artists... Elton John, Eric Clapton, Santana, Ed Sheeran are some I've attended... wish I could attend more but prices are steep. [emoji24]
Cheers,
Ranjit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit