Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tello fliers might like this...

That's pretty cool! But without GPS lock capability it must be very hard to take advantage of those features if there is a breeze.

I think the Tello is a great little drone for it's price and with a controller and the wifi extender as well as this new app, it does have a certain amount of appeal. The lack of GPS is unfortunate but then it would be twice or more the current price. This app is amazing though. Thanks Robin for sharing this information and video.

Very interesting app. Disappointed to find it's only available for Android devices
True... its just a selfie drone really (thats what some say about the Spark) and I have pondered it for next winter, when I cant fly outside... perhaps there will be a port to iOS some day@.

Reactions: Andre Levite
That's pretty cool! But without GPS lock capability it must be very hard to take advantage of those features if there is a breeze.

Certainly seemed to be some breeze in his demo video outdoors... all the toy drones struggle with real wind... The optical flow tech is pretty good at stabilizing these though.

Reactions: Andre Levite
True... its just a selfie drone really (thats what some say about the Spark) and I have pondered it for next winter, when I cant fly outside... perhaps there will be a port to iOS some day@.

I only use my Tello outside of there is zero wind. The optical sensor is great but it won't prevent a strong breeze from taking your Tello out of sight. Tello is primarily an indoor drone. Really great for learning to fly using controls without GPS cheating for you. Highly recommended.

Got mine on DJI Christmas Sale with 3 batteries and external charger for $99.

Besides the many other quad copters that I own and fly I also have a DJI Spark which I purchased in January 2018.
It is the quad that I fly most of the time now as it is so stable in the air and a joy to fly.
I purchased a Tello in October last year mainly for indoor flying, it is very stable and also a joy to fly and I can highly recommend it. Not for outside flying except on a windless day.
I just installed the new Tello FPV app and in my opinion for what it is worth well worth buying.

Cheers

Can anyone tell me the name of this new app....I can't quite understand what he said it was.........

Can anyone tell me the name of this new app....I can't quite understand what he said it was.........

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Mongoose.

Here is the link from his channel.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

I'm more interested in the newer "educational" Tello with more capabilities such as recognizing colors and shapes plus programmability with Python.
This app looks pretty cool - as others have stated too bad it's Android only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme