Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The Allentown State Hospital - A Last Look

joeke3el

Join
Jun 25, 2019
Opening in 1913 and closing in 2010, the Allentown State Hospital will come to its end under the wrecking ball by the end of 2019. Once holding 2,012 patients and included in parts of the 2019 movie "Glass", this giant campus will soon be gone. Here's a last look from the air.

Very nice.

Are those copper roof vents on the buildings?

Looks like a recyclers dream.

Thanks again for sharing.

Reactions: joeke3el
If the walls could talk! Seeing you've posted another drone video is akin to going to one's favorite eatery. You know it's going to be good. You never disappoint. Unique subject matter, excellent camera control, fine editing, tasteful use of effects, good choice of soundtrack. You've got it going, alright. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: RotorWash
Once again a video that keeps my interest till the end. Nice flying and post work. I got a little nervous when you were flying over that steeple but you were not that close. Thanks for sharing with us joeke3el.

Yes, this is a great way to preserve the past... More and more old places are being torn down, as I am in my 60's I often look around areas I've passed through for decades and can still mentally picture what used to be there, but then the old memory starts to fade... this is a great way to keep that from happening. Great work on this video too!

*edit: After watching again it made me wonder just how much suffering went on there... its unimaginable... but we need these places unfortunately, broken brains and all....

Last edited:
Are those copper roof vents on the buildings?

I didn't think of that but now that I look back you may be right. It'll be interesting how this place gets taken down. Will they just bulldoze it down or will they first go in and remove what's valuable. Hopefully that latter. Thanks for watching!

Reactions: Spark 317
Once again a video that keeps my interest till the end. Nice flying and post work. I got a little nervous when you were flying over that steeple but you were not that close. Thanks for sharing with us joeke3el.

Thanks for watching and the kind words. I can't take too much credit for that steeple segment. For that particular shot I used Litchi as I could not get close enough to trust myself manually. Security around the area is a little touchy right now given it's demolition has been recently announced. Everyone wants to get in there one more time. I really had to take some time to pick my places around the area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef