Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The FAA wants to know what you think about drones!

Virtual1

Join
Nov 19, 2017
go an email:

The FAA wants to know what you think about drones!

Calling all recreational drone flyers and modelers! The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is asking you to help us better understand and enhance the recreational flyer community?^?^?s interaction with the FAA. Your responses are intended to improve FAA outreach.

Your responses to the questionnaire are voluntary, completely anonymous, and will only take about 3 minutes to complete.

Please click on the link below to complete the questionnaire:

It asked me how many minutes I fly when I go out to fly. I'm usually out a few hrs, but it only lets me put 30 min max...

Me too.

I fly every other day for ten minutes.

Didn't ask me how many ten minute flights. ?

I don't have "typical" months. I have not flown for a few weeks but back then I flew a bunch. If there is something cool to go see, I usually want to fly then but being in the big city near an airport keeps me from flying since I would have to travel to some clear space.

I took the survey as well. I thought there would be more questions though. ?

Reactions: Spark 317
I took the survey as well. I thought there would be more questions though. ?

I guess that's what the add your comment section is about at the end.

If anyone did leave comments, what issues did you bring up? I think a process for requesting flight time in national parks would be good, many of these parks are expansive and if scheduled, it would be a great way to spend a day or few hours capturing photos and videos some of the most scenic places around the country.. I assume a part 107 flyer could gain access if there was a reason to capture some scenes?

Hope if they make us require a license, they make a test that is actually pertinent to the hobby and not something like the totally ridiculous test the Canadian government made us take. What a waste of time and money that was.

Reactions: I B Spectre
Hope if they make us require a license, they make a test that is actually pertinent to the hobby and not something like the totally ridiculous test the Canadian government made us take. What a waste of time and money that was.
So true! I got my Private Pilot license in the late '90s and while there is a lot of information that would be pertinent for drone pilots, there's so much that wouldn't. My local area has a fair amount of commercial and military airfields as well as private airstrips making the sectional quite cluttered. It's informative for someone flying longer distances and higher altitudes, but nearly useless for sUAS pilots flying short duration and distance. Compare Skyvector to AirMap and the FAA's Visualize It and you'll see why the latter two are far more useful than a sectional. Meteorology is another area that they could go overboard. I hope whatever subject matter they choose will be appropriate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex