Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The greening of spring

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Howdy all, this was actually from the new Mavic Air 2 in my fleet, but will still be taking the Spark up now and then. No edits on this one other than the size so it could be uploaded.

Wondering if those who know me can spot whats changed in this somewhat familiar scene?

Spring Greening MA2.jpg

Where's the snow? ?

And what happened to the deck?

And the winner is..... Spark317! The deck was removed earlier this spring as it was beginning to rot and someone was going to step through it sooner or later.

I am enjoying the new machine, was up for a few flights today. We had a hot and humid day around here, here's a still from the upcoming video... my Internet is lousy so I will post that from the son's place in town on Wednesday!

Still from Forest Flight.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice shot Robin, the MA2 camera seems up to snuff! :cool: Homestead is looking great as well.
So much work to do around the place and so many blackflies now too. At least one blessing disguised as a curse, we have a 5 day run on 30c or mid 80's temps this week... so the black flies dont like that, but the mosquitoes and horse flies are just unpacking their bags for the summer, ready to bite, sting and annoy! The MA2 is doing well, I am really pleased. It took me a year to make up my mind what to do next for a drone.

Reactions: RotorWash
Where's the snow? ?

And what happened to the deck?
I was out there yesterday removing a layer of turf for another garden project, it was about 86 in the shade, the insects were miserable, sun socrching, so the snow was actually greatly missed at that point in time... :D

Reactions: Spark 317
Too late to the party to play the "what's missing game" but did enjoy the pictures Robin. The flies, mosquito's and other insects would be a big fricken NO for me, LOL. Can't stand being a bug or critters dinner. Appreciate you sharing.

Howdy y'all... so just checking back on this, and thought I would show off my first MA2 video post... its in 2.7 k , still working out lots of settings, and to be honest, I have to upgrade my drive on my laptop and thats why this was not 4k, I am out of space! Sill, its the same old scenery from the farm, but it looks much sweeter. ND16, 1/60th on the shutter, 60FPS, and whilst I have a few similar videos of the Spark on this trajectory, I was amazed at the signal strength.. This distance with the spark, given the topography, I was probably down to 40% signal, with the MA2, still 100%, all five bars. So I went just a little further. Sweet. Hope to get off the farm this weekend for some fresh locales.

5 minutes of very chill forest scenery, best bits are about 2 minutes in.

Reactions: RotorWash
Too late to the party to play the "what's missing game" but did enjoy the pictures Robin. The flies, mosquito's and other insects would be a big fricken NO for me, LOL. Can't stand being a bug or critters dinner. Appreciate you sharing.
This year I actually wore the netting, my wife wont put on Deet so she wears the face netting every year, and covers all skin up, but even with the bug juice on, I put on the net the other day, I hate that, but it was much easier to be out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef