Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The Spark and the 1908 Delaware River Viaduct

joeke3el

Join
Jun 25, 2019
Built between 1908 and 1910, the Viaduct opened on Christmas Eve in 1911 just 2 miles south of the Delaware Water Gap in Pennsylvania. Abandoned in 1983, nature is slowly taking it over while talks about renovating it with a new railroad linger without any recent results. Here's a brief exploration with the DJI Spark of the largest continuous poured concrete structure there is.

What would it be used for if renovated? They would have to post guards to stop the taggers I imagine. It is a very unique structure no doubt. Good video of it.

Very nice smooth movie. I especially like the double movements like going up and put the gimble slowly down and move to the side and yaw a bit. It needs quite some practice. During the fil I was wondering if you would dare to fly underneath the bridge and indeed you did it. Also nice relaxing music. Loved the movie, thank you.

Reactions: joeke3el
Very nice bridge and nice and brave shots

Thank you. Yes, some of the shots had my heart rate up a little. LOL The closest I could get to the structure was 725 feet so some of the shots required a lot of reliance on what I saw on the phone.

What would it be used for if renovated? They would have to post guards to stop the taggers I imagine. It is a very unique structure no doubt. Good video of it.

Hi Graywoulf,

Thank you for watching it. The proposal is to restore train service between Andover, NJ and Scranton, PA. As of 2017, the PA Northeast Railroad Authority was gathering funding to commission a study to estimate the costs of repairs. I'm not confident it'll ever happen but at the very least they should consider work over the portion that goes over interstate route 80. The old concrete seems to me to be a hazard waiting to happen to motorists passing underneath.

Reactions: graywoulf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit