Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The Spark has been Lit

Buddy411

Join
Jul 2, 2017
*Sorry for the crappy quality of the video.. need to check my phone settings I think.*
Anywho, here's what the Spark looks with some STROBONs attached.

Unlike the Mavic, whose arms are the perfect size for the strobes, the arms are Spark present a little bit of a challenge. Nothing too tough - just a little Velcro and some thin strips of Gorilla tape. Looks a little ghetto, but from 1/2 mile away no one will know. :)

I used one strobe for each arm (2 red, 2 green), a white on top, and a red on the bottom. This allows me to navigate using just the lights and gives me 360* visibility. Another really cool thing: The strobing effect makes it look like it's flying faster than it really is.

I slowed the video down in some sections so you can better see the flash pattern. I got them from our own @msinger (Spark-Help.com) at STROBON Cree LED Strobe Light - Phantom Help
(awesome service, BTW - very fast and responsive to all questions)

Reactions: Spark 317
Thanks for video.

I've been thinking about one or two. Maybe three. But not six.

I thought maybe I wouldn't see the top one and I just recently purchased a 6 pack of PolarPro filters and their version of landing gear that friction fits on the battery, so no strobe there.
Guess I could mount it to the gear.

I'm not planning on flying at night but the Spark is such a little dot during the day when it's out there.

I'm not planning on flying at night but the Spark is such a little dot during the day when it's out there.

They really don't do much in the day. If it's sunny or even partly cloudy you really won't be able to see them past a few hundred yards, if that. If it's overcast or during twilight they will certainly help, but in broad daylight don't expect too much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef