Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Theewaterskloof dam - Greymead Bridge during 2019 drought

droffarc

Join
Sep 13, 2018
South Africa's Western Cape province has declared a drought disaster as it faces its worst water shortage in 113 years.

Provincial leader Helen Zille said water will be harvested by drilling boreholes to serve key points like hospitals in Cape Town.

The alert will last for three months but could be extended if the crisis persists, she said in a statement.

Southern African nations are reeling from a two-year drought.

The UN estimates that over 40 million people have been affected by the drought that was caused by the El Nino climate phenomenon.

"The disaster declaration will accelerate... the province's strategy to ensure that taps do not run dry," Ms Zille said.
She also announced plans to use a mobile desalination plant and tap the natural aquifer under Cape Town's Table Mountain.

Residents have also been urged to use no more than 100 litres (22 gallons) of water a day.

Ms Zille said the disaster declaration will mean that authorities in the province can prioritise public funds for drought relief operations.

Two reservoirs in the Western Cape region are already completely dry according to official statistics.

According to the BBC

Hope you enjoy.

See more of my video clips on my YT channel at:

South Africa's Western Cape province has declared a drought disaster as it faces its worst water shortage in 113 years.

Provincial leader Helen Zille said water will be harvested by drilling boreholes to serve key points like hospitals in Cape Town.

The alert will last for three months but could be extended if the crisis persists, she said in a statement.

Southern African nations are reeling from a two-year drought.

The UN estimates that over 40 million people have been affected by the drought that was caused by the El Nino climate phenomenon.

"The disaster declaration will accelerate... the province's strategy to ensure that taps do not run dry," Ms Zille said.
She also announced plans to use a mobile desalination plant and tap the natural aquifer under Cape Town's Table Mountain.

Residents have also been urged to use no more than 100 litres (22 gallons) of water a day.

Ms Zille said the disaster declaration will mean that authorities in the province can prioritise public funds for drought relief operations.

Two reservoirs in the Western Cape region are already completely dry according to official statistics.

According to the BBC

Hope you enjoy.

See more of my video clips on my YT channel at:

Looking very different now at 100% full! Could be an interesting shot to try and get the same images and then do a comparison video?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme