Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Trauma induced blindness

Roger S

Join
Apr 6, 2018
Master of disaster here. This time instead of sending the spark into oblivian never to be seen again, I backed it into a tree. The left front arm was torn part way off but now it looks and flies like new after a little JB Weld. However I'm flying blind so to speak. No more cinematic videos. My cell phone screen and the sd card are blank. I didn't see anything obvious under the hood or on the exterior. Any ideas on further trouble shooting or should I just buy the bird a white cane?

• Haha
Reactions: lferrero
Sounds like a serious crash resulting in serious damage. If there are no images on card or device screen the camera hardware or wiring is likely damaged. You can replace the gimbal / camera yourself but no guarantee that will correct the issue.

What you really need is proper diagnosis so the underlying problem can be identified. DJI repair is best option to get it fixed right the first time.

DJI Care is a great value going forward.

Best of luck getting airborne again!

I thought maybe I'd just get the white cane for the spark and use it to practice flying, then buy a Mavic Pro. However after watching numerous comparisons on Youtube I was really disappointed by the video quality of the Mavic Pro and even the Mavic 2 (w/o post processing) compared to the Spark. I guess I'll have to send the Spark to dji for eye surgery and spend many painful hours learning post processing before upgrading to Mavic.

I thought maybe I'd just get the white cane for the spark and use it to practice flying, then buy a Mavic Pro. However after watching numerous comparisons on Youtube I was really disappointed by the video quality of the Mavic Pro and even the Mavic 2 (w/o post processing) compared to the Spark. I guess I'll have to send the Spark to dji for eye surgery and spend many painful hours learning post processing before upgrading to Mavic.
If you select the right color mode for the mavic Pro the video will look almost as good as from the Spark without post processing, but in 4k. You will also find out that the Spark is a bit of a slow flyer.

Well if the Spark is basically a throw away at this point, then use it to practice flying ATTI mode, if nothing else. And I agree with Tentoes, 25mph is plenty fast for my flying. It's outta sight in a couple of seconds at that speed.

I'd send it in..It's painless..they send you the mailer and it's on its way. You'll get the repair amount right away. then you could decide if you want to just sell the remote and go for something else.
Will it fly in gesture mode? Can you control it with your phone? actually... neither one of those two flights is very much fun without the camera.
I crashed mine and everything worked except the avoidance. I was going to fly it that way but then my conscious started bothering me..what if I hit someone??yikes!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme