Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Traveling to Cuba with drone

Kosako

Join
Aug 21, 2017
Does anyone have experience traveling to Cuba with a drones and flyiing in open areas (i.e. beaches, country side, etc.). I will be there in a few days and would love to take my Spark with me, but I am a little hesitant considering possible customs issues, or just having any kind of legal issues due to flying. Thanks for any advise...!

Does anyone have experience traveling to Cuba with a drones and flyiing in open areas (i.e. beaches, country side, etc.). I will be there in a few days and would love to take my Spark with me, but I am a little hesitant considering possible customs issues, or just having any kind of legal issues due to flying. Thanks for any advise...!
A simple Google search will tell you that UAV use in Cuba is banned and trying to bring one into the country will simply result in it being confiscated at the airport.

A simple Google search will tell you that UAV use in Cuba is banned and trying to bring one into the country will simply result in it being confiscated at the airport.
Yeah, that one is a "no brainer"

Reactions: Sparkbart
Thanks, Editor... Indeed, Google search will immediately advise not to do it! I just thought to through out the question in this forum as someone might have more recent information (things are changing in Cuba...). But I will definitively not try it this first round...

Not sure if you've gone yet, but my friend recently visited with a large formate camera rig containing multiple cameras to create a VR 360 video.

Was able to use it out in the open no problem. Drones might be a different story though because they're loud and in the air.

YMMV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe