Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Tripod mode indoor

espadasmoran

Join
Feb 14, 2018
Have you noticed that after the last update the tripod mode has desable the gimball pitch?
I first take off outside, got GPS and then fly into the room to get tripod mode, but it's annoying having to stop intelligent mode to move the camera [emoji27] [emoji27] [emoji27]

That's incorrect. I fly Tripod mode indoors all the time.
How?
What i do is get gps signal outside the building, then fly into the building then i have tripod mode,

the question is why gimball is stock when tripod...

Lets report everybody this bug to dji and force the update...

Apparently, Spark doesn't allow Tripod mode without strong gps signal. Still, that would be a valuable feature to fly indoors in Tripod mode.20190609_100019.jpg

You can, if the light conditions are adequate for the Spark to use the Vision System, as stated.

No GPS needed.

Reactions: Andro
A word of warning - do NOT fly into dark spaces while in Tripod mode indoor => Compromised Vision System makes Spark unstable as it enters atti mode immediately.20190611_190214.jpg

You're right! Tested it today, and Tripod works indoor beautifully, activated after takeoff. Thanks!View attachment 10347

Another little tip about Tripod mode if you didn't know.
While in Tripod mode, you can tilt the camera up past the horizon and see above a little.

This area of tilt is used for the automatic pano / sphere photos that the Spark takes and can be accessed only during Tripod mode.

Reactions: Andro
I noticed the post is a little bit old however I’m struggling to get the tripod mode working indoors anymore suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe