Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Turn off drone without stopping video recording = corrupt video file?

Werner Norway

Join
Dec 25, 2019
For some reason my last 2 video recordings are unreadable. Suspect i forgot to stop the recording before i changed batteries... Can someone confirm that this is the cause? Any means of recovering/repairing the files?
I can easily do another flight..it was just in my neighborhood, but suspect this might happen again..at more exoctic locations.

Werner

That has been an issue with us pilots forgetting to turn on or off a recording during the flight.

I have done it myself but haven't had a corrupt file because of it.

It might be the card I use? SanDisk Extreme plus A2 64gb.

Here are some search results from the Forum that may provide some information that will help with the corrupted file(s).

Good luck. :)

Reactions: Werner Norway
Oh yeah, I see that you have Litchi from another post.

I believe there's a setting in the app to auto stop / start a recording.

Might check it out?

Reactions: sparkey44
For some reason my last 2 video recordings are unreadable. Suspect i forgot to stop the recording before i changed batteries... Can someone confirm that this is the cause? Any means of recovering/repairing the files?
I can easily do another flight..it was just in my neighborhood, but suspect this might happen again..at more exoctic locations.

Werner
I have had this problem in the past but there is a solution, albeit expensive. I bought a DJI Copilot LaCie and any unreadable files on my SD Card can be read after they are transferred to the CoPilot. There may be other methods and I'm sure someone on here will be able to help but this one works for me.

Reactions: SoccerRef12
Have had same problem last summer. Someone on the forum mentioned, just start spark, record some seconds a movie . stop recording and the "damaged" MP4 is repaired. This worked for me

Have had same problem last summer. Someone on the forum mentioned, just start spark, record some seconds a movie . stop recording and the "damaged" MP4 is repaired. This worked for me

Roland, I never thought of that fix? I have corrupted a few files. One was about 14 minutes of sailboats racing. I ended up sending it to Repair corrupt, unplayable MP4 MOV video files online . Tried many free video fixes and none worked.

They seem to pop right back after the next recording...If it's something super important that probably wouldn't happen for me..

Hi Werner,

If you still haven't fixed the files, drop me a message - I can try and repair them for you. You can upload one of the files to Google Drive and share the link with me.

Reactions: Haggi
I've corrupted video files before when I turned off the drone before stopping the recording. Found a tip that worked for me. Just turn the drone back on (with the SD card inserted, if you removed it to try the download). The drone recognizes the incomplete file on the SD card and puts the finishing touches on it. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme