Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Update will improve your drone they say

Was it a robot or a human ?

Just a first trial before the bellow so long list. The distance between the RC and the Spark should be really kept small (almost touching) when you do the bind between the RC and the Spark. A first trial on mine show no link with 50 cm, the antennas not deployed and a lot of wifi around. Retrying with short distance (buttons on RC and button on Spark) and it linked correctly, so some hope.
Good luck.

As backup, you can also use just your phone and the Spark. It will be also faster, no need to refresh RC.
If really these 2 above options don't work at satisfaction, then you can try bellow to refresh both firmware.

More seriously, I would try to connect your mobile directly to the Spark and do a refresh of the firmware (not with DJI assistant 2 or a PC :)). Maybe you know that when you are connected with RC or Spark, you can press long (at least 10sec on IOS) the 3 horizontal bars button that is on top right of Go4 app main screen (the page where there is the Go Fly button).
You should get a list of possible firmware to refresh, upgrade or downgrade. From this page you can refresh both Spark and RC, but one by one. RC can be downgraded to 01.00.0300 and then re-flashed with latest 01.00.0400.

This is of coarse without guarantee that such reflashing of the firmware for Spark and RC will solve your issue. When checking these steps, I had no issue to do the RC but with the Spark I had (I tried 2 times and each time stop at 31% and then I had to use DJI assistant). If using for the end of your vacation the Spark with wifi link to your phone is not acceptable, then try also to refresh the Spark.

RC
  • The RC will show its wifi network even if not connected to the Spark.
  • Turn on the RC
  • Connect to the Spark to wifi Spark-RC-xxxx
  • Start Go4, press long (at least 10 sec on IOS) the 3 horizontal bars button that is on top right.
  • A menu to flash firmware will be displayed.
  • It shows you should have as current version 01.00.0400 and bellow listed 01.00.0300 as possible, if not, select it.
  • On mine, there was a button REFRESH bellow. Press it but it will do a downgrade to 01.00.0300, not really a direct refresh of 01.00.0400. We will have then to reflash to 01.00.0400 to have a refresh.
  • It will bip a lot and then wait until it is fully finished. Better to be sure to wait enough before turning off the RC.
  • Restart the RC.
  • Connect to the RC wifi Spark-RC-xxxx
  • Go back to Go4
  • It should give a message in red that a new firmware is available. Press that red button.
  • Press the download button.
  • The phone is connected to RC wifi, so you should switch wifi for internet access and come back to Go4.
  • With internet connection, press RETRY button.
  • New firmware should be downloaded.
  • Reconnect to the Spark-RC-xxxx wifi.
  • As stated in the message, be sure that your RC has enough battery level and press OK button.
  • Press START UPDATE button.
  • Again lot of bip and progress bar up to 100%.
  • Then it says UPDATE COMPLETE, no you should be back to 01.00.0400 and firmware has been refreshed.
  • Power off the RC.
  • Press the OK button, RC should be ok now
Here try to bind with the Spark, keep them close and wait at least seconds after the RC led turn to solid RED to declare failure as not coming solid GREEN.

Spark
  • You need to keep RC off
  • After Spark is on, long press the Spark battery button for 10 seconds until you get 1 bip, 2 bips and then 3 bips.
  • Spark is now in direct wifi mode, 2.4G.
  • Connect your phone to the wifi Spark-xxxx
  • Go back to Go4 app main screen
  • At this point, you can also use the Spark in this limited state.
  • Press the START FLIGHT button just to see if you have the link with the Spark as confirmation.
  • Press the DJI logo at top left to go back to main menu.
  • Press long (at least 10sec on IOS) the 3 horizontal bars button that is on top right.
  • As for RC it will show current version of Spark, here it is 01.00.0600.
  • It is written in red that GET FIRMWARE VERSION FAILED.
  • Connect wifi back to internet and come back to this page in Go4.
  • It will show in red DEVICE DISCONNECTED, and list version 01.00.0500.
  • Press REFRESH button (again, same as for RC, it seems it will downgrade and then we will need to upgrade again.
  • Ask for connection to the spark.
  • Connect wifi back to the Spark and come back to this page in Go4.
  • Check that you have at least 50% battery, 2 solid LEDs and third flashing at least.
  • Press OK
  • Screen change and list NONE as firmware version to select.
  • Press FIRMWARE REFRESH button
  • Again progress bar and wait to get 100%, in theory because on mine after 3 trials it always fails at 31% so on mine, I had to use DJI assistant to get a successful refresh. Originally I used DJI assistant to update my Spark, so it is first time with with for this update.
  • When done, restart the Spark and check that Go4 app can connect to it correctly.
  • Then you can try binding the RC to the Spark, you will have to wait for the Spark's status lamps blinking yellow and long press for 3 seconds the battery button and get 1 bip to put the Spark back to RC mode.
Sorry sounds as a very long list.

Na its all good being long its another way to try more info than dji themselves give my only prob is the firmware update on both said it was successful then when i restarted both they were delinked. As for the distance i actually have the rc sitting on the top of drone between props

bennie

Just a first trial before the bellow so long list. The distance between the RC and the Spark should be really kept small (almost touching) when you do the bind between the RC and the Spark. A first trial on mine show no link with 50 cm, the antennas not deployed and a lot of wifi around. Retrying with short distance (buttons on RC and button on Spark) and it linked correctly, so some hope.
Good luck.

As backup, you can also use just your phone and the Spark. It will be also faster, no need to refresh RC.
If really these 2 above options don't work at satisfaction, then you can try bellow to refresh both firmware.

More seriously, I would try to connect your mobile directly to the Spark and do a refresh of the firmware (not with DJI assistant 2 or a PC :)). Maybe you know that when you are connected with RC or Spark, you can press long (at least 10sec on IOS) the 3 horizontal bars button that is on top right of Go4 app main screen (the page where there is the Go Fly button).
You should get a list of possible firmware to refresh, upgrade or downgrade. From this page you can refresh both Spark and RC, but one by one. RC can be downgraded to 01.00.0300 and then re-flashed with latest 01.00.0400.

This is of coarse without guarantee that such reflashing of the firmware for Spark and RC will solve your issue. When checking these steps, I had no issue to do the RC but with the Spark I had (I tried 2 times and each time stop at 31% and then I had to use DJI assistant). If using for the end of your vacation the Spark with wifi link to your phone is not acceptable, then try also to refresh the Spark.

RC
  • The RC will show its wifi network even if not connected to the Spark.
  • Turn on the RC
  • Connect to the Spark to wifi Spark-RC-xxxx
  • Start Go4, press long (at least 10 sec on IOS) the 3 horizontal bars button that is on top right.
  • A menu to flash firmware will be displayed.
  • It shows you should have as current version 01.00.0400 and bellow listed 01.00.0300 as possible, if not, select it.
  • On mine, there was a button REFRESH bellow. Press it but it will do a downgrade to 01.00.0300, not really a direct refresh of 01.00.0400. We will have then to reflash to 01.00.0400 to have a refresh.
  • It will bip a lot and then wait until it is fully finished. Better to be sure to wait enough before turning off the RC.
  • Restart the RC.
  • Connect to the RC wifi Spark-RC-xxxx
  • Go back to Go4
  • It should give a message in red that a new firmware is available. Press that red button.
  • Press the download button.
  • The phone is connected to RC wifi, so you should switch wifi for internet access and come back to Go4.
  • With internet connection, press RETRY button.
  • New firmware should be downloaded.
  • Reconnect to the Spark-RC-xxxx wifi.
  • As stated in the message, be sure that your RC has enough battery level and press OK button.
  • Press START UPDATE button.
  • Again lot of bip and progress bar up to 100%.
  • Then it says UPDATE COMPLETE, no you should be back to 01.00.0400 and firmware has been refreshed.
  • Power off the RC.
  • Press the OK button, RC should be ok now
Here try to bind with the Spark, keep them close and wait at least seconds after the RC led turn to solid RED to declare failure as not coming solid GREEN.

Spark
  • You need to keep RC off
  • After Spark is on, long press the Spark battery button for 10 seconds until you get 1 bip, 2 bips and then 3 bips.
  • Spark is now in direct wifi mode, 2.4G.
  • Connect your phone to the wifi Spark-xxxx
  • Go back to Go4 app main screen
  • At this point, you can also use the Spark in this limited state.
  • Press the START FLIGHT button just to see if you have the link with the Spark as confirmation.
  • Press the DJI logo at top left to go back to main menu.
  • Press long (at least 10sec on IOS) the 3 horizontal bars button that is on top right.
  • As for RC it will show current version of Spark, here it is 01.00.0600.
  • It is written in red that GET FIRMWARE VERSION FAILED.
  • Connect wifi back to internet and come back to this page in Go4.
  • It will show in red DEVICE DISCONNECTED, and list version 01.00.0500.
  • Press REFRESH button (again, same as for RC, it seems it will downgrade and then we will need to upgrade again.
  • Ask for connection to the spark.
  • Connect wifi back to the Spark and come back to this page in Go4.
  • Check that you have at least 50% battery, 2 solid LEDs and third flashing at least.
  • Press OK
  • Screen change and list NONE as firmware version to select.
  • Press FIRMWARE REFRESH button
  • Again progress bar and wait to get 100%, in theory because on mine after 3 trials it always fails at 31% so on mine, I had to use DJI assistant to get a successful refresh. Originally I used DJI assistant to update my Spark, so it is first time with with for this update.
  • When done, restart the Spark and check that Go4 app can connect to it correctly.
  • Then you can try binding the RC to the Spark, you will have to wait for the Spark's status lamps blinking yellow and long press for 3 seconds the battery button and get 1 bip to put the Spark back to RC mode.
Sorry sounds as a very long list.
A big thankyou to you mate you are always so helpful to everyone here dji need people like you and things may be better with their products i am about to try these ways you have suggested.

Thankyou again so much

bennie

A big thankyou to you mate you are always so helpful to everyone here dji need people like you and things may be better with their products i am about to try these ways you have suggested.

Thankyou again so much

bennie
You are welcome, hope just shorter distance would work. I have mine side by side.

So i had to take bus back to ho chi minh city and go to a drone shop there they played around with the drone and rc they down graded and upgraded firmware multiple times and came to find out that if the rc firmware stays as old version it would relink and work fine so hopefully im back in the air this afternoon with a big thankyou to saigon hobby shop they worked on it for 2 hrs and didnt charge me anything . oh and they also told me that dji have told them when relinking rc to drone to have them at least 30cm apart i watched them do it this way and it worked why do dji tell everyone different things

bennie

Reactions: StanHD
So i had to take bus back to ho chi minh city and go to a drone shop there they played around with the drone and rc they down graded and upgraded firmware multiple times and came to find out that if the rc firmware stays as old version it would relink and work fine so hopefully im back in the air this afternoon with a big thankyou to saigon hobby shop they worked on it for 2 hrs and didnt charge me anything . oh and they also told me that dji have told them when relinking rc to drone to have them at least 30cm apart i watched them do it this way and it worked why do dji tell everyone different things

bennie
Nice you get progress, happy for you.
LOL, in manual, it is maximum 20 cm apart. Most probably it depend how many and how strong are other wifi sources around you.

In the store there were about 40 strong wifi signals. Strange thing is now my device cant pickup rc via wifi have to use otg

bennie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast