Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Watch "Dji Spark Texas Panhandle" on YouTube

Brianuc4

Join
Jan 19, 2018

Good morning all. Here's a quick video showing some farmland and wind turbines. Editing was done by the DJI app.

Funny part of the story...while filming at the wind farm I lost orientation of the Spark and it emergency landed in the field due to critical battery level. I initially thought the spark was lost because I was sort of in shock and didn't even remember to use the DJI go app to locate the drone. So a week later, me and my wife took a day trip to go locate the drone. (4 hour drive one way) After about 5 minutes of looking I located it and now I have my favorite drone back!

I like the child kicking the dirt as if he was thinking, "Aw shucks, I'm too young to fly the Spark!"

Yeah, cute kid. Maybe he was thinking "Aw shucks, the drone is lost" instead? :D

Interesting video of the wind farm. I always when seeing a video of a group of wind turbines as to why not all of them are active. I figure that if one is turning, then should they all not be turning? Just one of those things that makes me go "hmmmm". ;) :D

Yeah, cute kid. Maybe he was thinking "Aw shucks, the drone is lost" instead? :D

Interesting video of the wind farm. I always when seeing a video of a group of wind turbines as to why not all of them are active. I figure that if one is turning, then should they all not be turning? Just one of those things that makes me go "hmmmm". ;) :D

I think it depends on the power demand at the time, since the energy created by the turbine can't be stored in a giant battery and used later.

Reactions: graywoulf
I believe one of the reasons they are not spinning is because they are temporarily inoperable due to mechanical failure

Good morning all. Here's a quick video showing some farmland and wind turbines. Editing was done by the DJI app.

Funny part of the story...while filming at the wind farm I lost orientation of the Spark and it emergency landed in the field due to critical battery level. I initially thought the spark was lost because I was sort of in shock and didn't even remember to use the DJI go app to locate the drone. So a week later, me and my wife took a day trip to go locate the drone. (4 hour drive one way) After about 5 minutes of looking I located it and now I have my favorite drone back!

Nice video! When you lost orientation you weren't able to fly back using the map nav, vfr with cam, or just a rth? I assume it was mostly low battery issue? I'm a big map nav junkie and many times i fly using map alone because I go really high and far away. At those heights and distances, orientation is not even possible. I take flights from my house out to lake catouachie. I fly over lots of swampy areas on sport mode. Once I get near the lake I switch off sport mode and snap photos and video. Then I zoom back on sport mode. If I ever go down over those swamps my spark is history. But I have taken the flight many times without a single issue. Overall i have 97 flights on my spark without an issue.

When I lost orientation I started freaking out and flying different directions and it eventually lost battery level. I did try rth but it said battery level was too low. And in my frustration and shock I forgot to use the map to find its location lol. Looking back its kind of funny but lesson learned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast