Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What can I teach you about DJI flight logs?

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
spark-help.com
If I created a series of YouTube videos about DJI flight logs, what are some things you'd like to learn about them?

How to find or where and how to upload then I would break the information down and how you can use it to troubleshoot or avoid a issue with real world application printed words don’t always translate correctly. This is why aerial controls are all pictures not words.

Reactions: GeoM1
I am just guessing....open to being corrected...

Most people put off learning things that they dont see an imediate need for or....is tedious to learn...hard to stick with a dificult field of study when we are all in a bit of denial about flying.

Its not IF you are going to experience some kind of failure while flying...it really is just a matter of when.

I have 3 sets of Spark props right now...and that evil little devil on one shoulder says....just one more flight...just one more...comeon....they are tough....they have to be...you have shaved bark off small branches.... :)

You know what the other voice says :0

When I got into DJI ..last october I think i actgually laughed that they had a black box in Assistant.

yea right a black box on a toy airplane,

i have many years of GPS tracklogs from boating 4 wheeler trail riding and such

Spark went down on Nov 24 I think...I was new to Airdata

Airdata has a pretty interface

I studied Airdata and thought I had the general area....the altitude it was last seen at was 125 ft or so..

Terrain was awfull...timber had been cut and there was so much debri ...I said...a broken leg in there just doesnt make sense On the 4th day that Spark dint come home I went to best buy..and after looking at Mavic for 2 seconds Flexed plastic and walked out with P4P v2 and 3 batterys.

I was drawn to Google earth Pro because of its 3 d capabilitys..I got a even narrower search area and started looking at ground elevation.... I found 2 different paths of such that could take me in close with minimal up and down...

With a garmin Handheld off road gps I went in at 430 in morning.....a tracklog for me to walk....and unbelievable....about 6 ft away fromwhere the airdata info had led me to believe.,
I was lucky...and the spark is still with me...I promised to NEVER put those cheap lighted props on her again....and that I was sorry for filing on them to get them to fit.....

Very giving of you to offer to spend time teaching others something that probably wasnt easy for you to master...but because you did others can benefit.

I believe most are interested in finding their bird when it gets lost......If its there...Id like to learn about things that the black box records that could show wear and rear on components or systems....or clues as to why 7-8 times I get a warning saying downward sensing is not working...return home asap.....and just when the numbers concerning altitude arent at 37 ft down from 200 and its all over i keep flying...after allthe dji stuff just seems impossible....airdata and ther like are easier to look at.

Thats way too much...but i believe a lot of others feel similar.

M<aybe you could share what things yiu have found to be of benefit.

If I created a series of YouTube videos about DJI flight logs, what are some things you'd like to learn about them?
How can flight logs be created and stored on a phone's sdcard instead of using phone's memory?

How can flight logs be created and stored on a phone's sdcard instead of using phone's memory?
That's not possible.

Reactions: Andro
I would watch the 101 beginners video, step by step to getting to the log and the program to view the logs. I make and use complex spreadsheets a lot and would probably want to export the data to a spreadsheet if possible. Also would like to see options for getting viewable logs with out uploading them somewhere (privacy issues). Also have specifics for Mac and Windows. Other videos often include lots of assumptions and I had no idea how to reach the logs until someone posted the "use iTunes to get to hidden folders on your iPhone" tip. Now I just have to figure out how to decrypt some of the files that do not read as clear text.

would like to see options for getting viewable logs with out uploading them somewhere (privacy issues)
I'm building a tool that can do this. See more details here.

You can merge them by syncing them in DJI GO on both devices. Sync once on both devices to upload the logs to DJI's servers. And sync them a second time to download the logs uploaded from the other device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef