Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What not to do....In the Forest.....Spark Down

Barbara

Join
Dec 25, 2018
Loc
Algoma District, North Shore, Ontario
Okay, so, messing around wasting a battery out in the backyard. Decided to try flying down the path behind our fence....What could go wrong? Wait, what's that beeping?

All ended well. Cracked prop was the worst damage. Lesson learned: watch your battery level and remember where the STOP button is.

Hate when that happens. It is good flying practice but obstacles due come into play very quickly. Glad nothing more serious then a prop. Thanks for sharing Barbara.
My own fault. I was so busy trying to avoid obstacles, I wasn't watching the battery level and ended up completely missing the low battery warning. When it automatically went into "Return to Home" mode I panicked. Sparky kept wanting to climb (we were below her takeoff altitude) and I kept trying to land her. The rest is history. Gotta remember to use the "STOP" button.

I love the little Spark.

I had a similar experience with mine.

Like you, I quickly learned about the pause / cancel command that is available to help prevent a future occurrence.

Long live the Spark. :)

Same happened to me. If we would just remember to change the settings before flying under the canopy of trees.

In the video it doesn't seem like you are far away, but I definitely find walking behind the drone with a direct line of sight at all times, really makes it easy to avoid items and hesitation while flying through the woods.

Same happened to me. If we would just remember to change the settings before flying under the canopy of trees.

In the video it doesn't seem like you are far away, but I definitely find walking behind the drone with a direct line of sight at all times, really makes it easy to avoid items and hesitation while flying through the woods.
Yes, I forgot to change the RTH altitude. I was at the top of the stairs, but I simply panicked when it started it's RTH and did the wrong thing. Ooops and Duh...

Yes, I forgot to change the RTH altitude. I was at the top of the stairs, but I simply panicked when it started it's RTH and did the wrong thing. Ooops and Duh...
Has or will happen to most of us. When fractions of a second count it is sometimes hard for our brains to remember what to do and that panic button kicks in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex