Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Where will it all end!!

Miket

Join
Jul 12, 2018
I am on the verge of cashing in the money I have tied up in my beloved Spark. Yet again I am on holiday on the South Coast in the UK and after being here for the past 4 days I have not had Sparky in the air.
It seems that it is like a pack of cards falling, with the number of tourist sites, caravan/campsites, county councils and even private land owners banning the use of drones. I am now thinking that if I cannot take my Spark up when I am in an area that interests me, it is not worth even being involved. If all I can do is fly around an empty field, maintainng line of sight of my Spark, and even then not flying over 400ft or under 150ft, I cannot see anything left in my hobby that interests me.
Why does every eventuality, whether it happens or could just potentially happen, being covered by regulation controlling drones. If we applied the same criteria to motor vehicles, they should be banned completely, as the occasions of actual disaster to peoples live by use of them is a million times worse than that with drones. They are killing our sport/passtime, one that has procured so much artistic insight and ability in so more people than anything else I can remember. I took drones up from rc car/truck racing. I think I will go back to that, a hobby that I cannot think of any area where it is prohibited!!!!

as I see the artwork of red zeppelin in the south of UK, I think there are still very intresting places left to fly over. Use your imagination and fly on the right moment.

In Europe we have to register to paid websites, make an exam to obtain a pass to fly the drone, qr codes and other things. The process is so confusing and if you dont have it and the police find you fliyng without these things you can say goodbye to your aircraft. After obtaining this things you can fly following the rules.

Sadly the authorities in many places of the world blindly regulate without really understanding the technology, or the people who want to use it. I know that in Canada, we will eventually face more stringent restrictions, at which time, I may reconsider too. However, I just love flying, so I will stick with it and jump through their hoops for as long as it seems practical. I have the added bonus of living in a remote wilderness environment where the population is thin... the UK is rather crowded by comparison.

I think the others have said it right, you have to be creative about your choices of location. I do a lot of "scoping it out" online with Google Earth, and some of the UAV online apps to pick locations where I am fairly certain nobody will be bothered, and I may get some decent footage. Going to the beach and hoping to fly is, pardon the pun, not going to fly anymore... where there's people, there is resistance.

Hang in there!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers