Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

will magnetic mini tracker affect drone ?

papibrazzi

Join
Dec 27, 2018
H all im new here and a new pilot and was wondering if i place a mini tracker on my spark will that affect it it any way and they all have magnet for quick placement and would attach with velcro will the gps or magnet affect the communication of the drone as im getting further and further with each flight im also worried if i lose the drone and a tracker might be a good way to find it.
any help and or advice would be much appreciated , tia and happy new year to all.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, papibrazzi.

You definitely do not want to use a magnet to attach to the Spark. Velcro or similar is ok.

I have the Loc8tor on my Spark. It has a 400' range when used with the remote.

20180311_081247.jpg

20180311_081207.jpg

I haven't had to use it yet but I have tested it out and it seems to work.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, papibrazzi.

You definitely do not want to use a magnet to attach to the Spark. Velcro or similar is ok.

I have the Loc8tor on my Spark. It has a 400' range when used with the remote.

View attachment 8141

View attachment 8142

I haven't had to use it yet but I have tested it out and it seems to work.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:
Thanks for the advice and was wondering in your photo you have ipad wifi only if this is correct does it not need cellular for gps or is connected to a mifi next best choice ?

Yep. iPad mini4 WiFi only. No sim card or GPS, that I'm aware of.

If you want to have a map at the location you are flying at, you need to cache it in the Go4 app by being connected to your home WiFi and scroll the map to that area. That area is now cached and you will have it for reference during your flight.

The GPS is in the Spark.

I haven't tried it with my Droid phones but one advantage to having a GPS device is if you are on a boat and need to update the Home Point since you are moving to have Spark come to you, not where it was. You also have a live map with cell service.

Reactions: papibrazzi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast