Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

10 of february, 2019. Village on the west of Minsk, Belarus

Agree nice shots. Just had a look at Minsk on Google Maps, what a beautiful City. There is an amazing Church, or looks like a Church with four huge angels or something at each corner. Do you know that?

Agree nice shots. Just had a look at Minsk on Google Maps, what a beautiful City. There is an amazing Church, or looks like a Church with four huge angels or something at each corner. Do you know that?

Oups! :) Me and my wife thought deeply about your question ... :) Minsk has many churches: Catholic and Orthodox.
Your description is not very clear for me. Maybe You can post link here to this interested place (or photo from Internet) and I will explain to You, what is this? :)
Anyway, thanks for your interest to my city!

Oups! :) Me and my wife thought deeply about your question ... :) Minsk has many churches: Catholic and Orthodox.
Your description is not very clear for me. Maybe You can post link here to this interested place (or photo from Internet) and I will explain to You, what is this? :)
Anyway, thanks for your interest to my city!
Here it is. It was in the selection of pix when I Google mapped Minsk. Hope this works. It is very expressive.
1550039053040.png

Here it is. It was in the selection of pix when I Google mapped Minsk. Hope this works. It is very expressive.
View attachment 8786
Oh, it's not a church, this is a memorial in honor of the Belarusian soldiers who died in Afghanistan. Is called 'Island of Tears.' They are not angels, they are the weeping mothers of the dead soldiers. But in this composition there is a crying angel:
memorial_ostrov_05.jpg
He crying because he could not fulfill his holy mission - to protect soldiers from death.
Also on this island are boulders with the names of Afghan provinces, where Soviet troops were fighting.
This is a very sad page in the history of the Soviet Union and Belarus.
You can read more on this page (English):
Minsk, Island of Tears

Reactions: Spark 317
Just beautiful and thank you so much for showing me this. It is a fitting memorial to the soldiers and to their loved ones. A lovely piece of architecture and you are so lucky to have it close by. Any chance of getting your Spark up over it or is it too close to the City?

It's right in center of the City. I think i will try to get up my Spark there sometime.

Brilliant. Will look forward to it. It is a very fine monument and thanks for the info on it. There are a lot of TripAdvisor reviews (lot of English people have been there) saying how moving it is. Fly safe.

Reactions: SlaVa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme