Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

2,4 g or 5.8 g

NRRTRAINS

Join
Jul 25, 2018
Loc
Staten Island, New York
in my other drones they use 2.4 g to fly and 5.8 g for video and photo's .
what is best for the Spark , i have read that DJI likes to use the 5.8 g from the RC controller to the Spark and use the 2.4 g for phone telemetry , video and photos because it is less used and have less interference .
2.4 g you get more distance , 5.8 g less interference . what is best to connect the RC to the Spark ?
thank you

Reactions: BIGLUG24
2.4 g you get more distance , 5.8 g less interference
You said it, I guess it's a personal thing. I prefer the distance over less interference. When I fly on 5.8, I get a lot of yellow warnings on weak signal, even close-by. And yes, I know birdie should return home automatically in case of lost signal, but I just don't dare to rely on that (yet).

In FCC mode, under normal circumstances, you'll never see any difference.

But in CE mode, 5.8g is very limited by DJI, so it's better to fly using 2.4g for AC communication.

Better, make sure that you stay all the time in FCC mode.

in my other drones they use 2.4 g to fly and 5.8 g for video and photo's .
what is best for the Spark , i have read that DJI likes to use the 5.8 g from the RC controller to the Spark and use the 2.4 g for phone telemetry , video and photos because it is less used and have less interference .
2.4 g you get more distance , 5.8 g less interference . what is best to connect the RC to the Spark ?
thank you
2.4 Will work best in a high wifi area and the 5.8 will give you more distance in a low WiFi area

2.4 Will work best in a high wifi area and the 5.8 will give you more distance in a low WiFi area
It is the opposite usually. 2.4G is more polluted of other wifi. 5.8G channels of Spark (at least in Europe) are not used for usual wifi but the distance is shorter.

5.8g in urban areas = wifi hubs, etc , lesser range
Rural or less obstructions for the waves = 2.4ghz, longer range

Reactions: Dronason

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast