Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

2.4 vs 5g Which is better?

I love my Spark. Why so much hate?
no hate what so ever.... its a decent drone but unfinished..
it needed 3 axis gimbal.. it needs freq hopping...
it needs a few other things im sure... but mainly its a ehh you want a drone thats cheap.. take this.. attitude of the company then the air drone is born... so to get a good drone i fly this for 1` year then i have to dump another 900 in so 1900 i could of bought a phantom or somethign better...

...um, so which is better?

2.4 or 5?
2.4 for distance and 5.8 for around alot of routers.. i recomend flying in open feilds and where theres not alot of routers.. so anything under 1500 meters you can use 5.8.... spark is not really designed to go that 1.2 miles its a gimic to make sales... it can but its really for the closer to home so just use 2.4 if your not around.. so it depends... there both fine... and on otg btw dont use wifi iwth your phone youll hate it

Ask yourself why would dji even with the spark 2 when its released have a lot of the features of the higher priced drones. Occusync different flight modes, 4k video etc. We may actually get a 3 axis gimbal who knows. Maybe longer flight times. If they start adding all these features then it would canabilize the higher priced drone sells. All business strategies work this way. They hook you with the low end product to get you in the door and after time you want more features a better quality product. Thus you pay the higher price. I accept the spark for what it is and I really enjoy using it. It does all I need at least for right now. It is an entry level product and its darn good for the price and what it does. I do not expect $1000 features on a $400 drone

Ask yourself why would dji even with the spark 2 when its released have a lot of the features of the higher priced drones. Occusync different flight modes, 4k video etc. We may actually get a 3 axis gimbal who knows. Maybe longer flight times. If they start adding all these features then it would canabilize the higher priced drone sells. All business strategies work this way. They hook you with the low end product to get you in the door and after time you want more features a better quality product. Thus you pay the higher price. I accept the spark for what it is and I really enjoy using it. It does all I need at least for right now. It is an entry level product and its darn good for the price and what it does. I do not expect $1000 features on a $400 drone

Face it. Spark is designed as “entry level.” Customers are more likely to spend $400 on a venture to see if this is something they will actually use regularly than dumping a grand or two, then realizing their mistake. (That would be me.)
Anyway, I leave the WiFi on auto. Didn’t buy it to fly miles away but am still annoyed by occasional signal junkyness. Don’t think antenna extenders would help, either. I use it mostly to document architecture so I’m usually in areas there are all types of interference.
That said, since buying the Spark and flying it regularly, I’m pretty sure I’ll be upgrading to a Mavic, not only for more connectivity, but 4K video. The next generation Spark should have a STRONGER WiFi connectivity and 4K video or what’s the point.
But I LOVE my Spark. It’s a blast to fly in sport mode and easy to set up and fly without attracting attention.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Face it. Spark is designed as “entry level.” Customers are more likely to spend $400 on a venture to see if this is something they will actually use regularly than dumping a grand or two, then realizing their mistake. (That would be me.)
Anyway, I leave the WiFi on auto. Didn’t buy it to fly miles away but am still annoyed by occasional signal junkyness. Don’t think antenna extenders would help, either. I use it mostly to document architecture so I’m usually in areas there are all types of interference.
That said, since buying the Spark and flying it regularly, I’m pretty sure I’ll be upgrading to a Mavic, not only for more connectivity, but 4K video. The next generation Spark should have a STRONGER WiFi connectivity and 4K video or what’s the point.
But I LOVE my Spark. It’s a blast to fly in sport mode and easy to set up and fly without attracting attention.

You get it.

It's a compromise. But isn't everything?

It is a great little quad. No doubt it has got many addicted to this hobby and on there way to a better drone.

Reactions: Biggmoinc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex