Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

7.9" tablet fit in RC?

Jangles

Join
Feb 20, 2018
This could be a dumb question, if I get a tablet with wifi do I need to have a data plan to fly with or w/o an OTG cable?

This could be a dumb question, if I get a tablet with wifi do I need to have a data plan to fly with or w/o an OTG cable?

No. The Remote Controller (RC) includes its own Wi-Fi "hotspot". You will need to connect the tablet to this Wi-Fi hotspot by using the Android settings-Wi-Fi menu (I am assuming it's an Android tablet).

You mentioned a 7.9" tablet. The arms that fold down from the RC will only hold a tablet or phone that is up to 6.2" (I think) wide (landscape orientation). Be sure the tablet is not wider than this.

I use an 8.4" tablet. It is too wide to fit within the arms of the RC so I have a modified clipboard board from which I removed the top clip, narrowed the width of the top section a little, and cut off part of the bottom to reduce the height. I use rubber bands to hold the RC (arms folded closed) in place at the top, and rubber bands to hold the tablet in place beneath the RC. This seems to work pretty well giving me a little "flight controller platform".

Barry.

Last edited:
My two cents worth...iPad mini4, WiFi only, works great and fits.

20171207_202020.jpg

Reactions: Rafa7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast