Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A breakdown on how I edit my videos/drone footage!

This video goes into a bit more depth on how I edit my footage and what my workflow in Davinci Resolve looks like!

Please tell me I'm not out of my mind (or not) considering buying a $3,000+ IMac to run DaVinci that I haven't even tried . DaVinci won't even install on my 10 year old "high power gaming" build. It installs on my "professional workstation" laptop from work, but crashes as soon as I try to load a video clip. I'm not willing to pay for a subscription to Adobe Premier. For now I'm getting by using Hitfilm Express to edit the 4K footage from my Mavic Pro.

Please tell me I'm not out of my mind (or not) considering buying a $3,000+ IMac to run DaVinci that I haven't even tried . DaVinci won't even install on my 10 year old "high power gaming" build. It installs on my "professional workstation" laptop from work, but crashes as soon as I try to load a video clip. I'm not willing to pay for a subscription to Adobe Premier. For now I'm getting by using Hitfilm Express to edit the 4K footage from my Mavic Pro.
Another option is Final Cut Pro X. I use it on my 2013 MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM. It works fine, however I don’t shoot or edit in 4K as neither of my drones can film in 4K. iMovie which will come with any Mac you buy is also very good for quick basic editing and doesn’t cost anything.

Chris

Reactions: Rocco Germani
You say you're not an expert with DR but I'm thinking it's a safe bet you're going to be soon enough. Thanks for sharing Rocco and good luck in 2020!

Reactions: Rocco Germani

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe