Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A lovely morning in Weston Super Mare

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Hi all and Happy New Year. Having not flown since mid-November due to weather managed to get 3 batteries away at the above. The famous pier stands out with the tide out and the town looks welcoming but very empty due to the dreaded virus. Hey ho. Lots of people out on the sands but managed to stay well above them all to grab these shots. As always walkers keen to know what Spark can do and were amazed at its sophistication and of course manoeuvrability even with a not insignificant breeze meaning “feels like” was 1C! Thank goodness for gloves. Other shot is Brean Down which juts out into the Severn Estuary from Weston beach. Nice walks there too.279A19C2-BD18-44F7-A6A9-E1382B707D84.jpegD65C0BC9-6923-47E0-8267-562263AB973E.jpeg8A48C144-35A8-45C6-A8A4-731C3F1E6354.jpeg

Hi all and Happy New Year. Having not flown since mid-November due to weather managed to get 3 batteries away at the above. The famous pier stands out with the tide out and the town looks welcoming but very empty due to the dreaded virus. Hey ho. Lots of people out on the sands but managed to stay well above them all to grab these shots. As always walkers keen to know what Spark can do and were amazed at its sophistication and of course manoeuvrability even with a not insignificant breeze meaning “feels like” was 1C! Thank goodness for gloves. Other shot is Brean Down which juts out into the Severn Estuary from Weston beach. Nice walks there too.View attachment 13578View attachment 13579View attachment 13580
cracking shots!

Reactions: twickers14
Two piers - Severn Estuary. Must look it up on the map now. OK now I see where it is. I very nearly took up a position in 2014 with Bristol Eye Hospital. Was looking at a place to rent in Clevedon, The town of Minehead was once home to my favourite Sci Fi writer, Arthur C Clarke.

Two piers - Severn Estuary. Must look it up on the map now. OK now I see where it is. I very nearly took up a position in 2014 with Bristol Eye Hospital. Was looking at a place to rent in Clevedon, The town of Minehead was once home to my favourite Sci Fi writer, Arthur C Clarke.
Yep you’ve got the right place. There is one pier that is totally ruined but there are rumours of a buyer to renovate. The one in the foreground is new and replaced the older version which burned down a few years ago. It’s all a ghost town of course at present but when it gets up and running again it will be full of people enjoying themselves. We are members of Clevedon pier which is beautiful and restored to its former Victorian grandure. Arthur C at Minhead eh? Hadn’t realised that. Will try to get over there one day to fly. In the meantime I’m trying to put a short film of the Weston flight together. Will publish if OK. Highly renowned Bristol Eye Hosp.

Yep you’ve got the right place. There is one pier that is totally ruined but there are rumours of a buyer to renovate. The one in the foreground is new and replaced the older version which burned down a few years ago. It’s all a ghost town of course at present but when it gets up and running again it will be full of people enjoying themselves. We are members of Clevedon pier which is beautiful and restored to its former Victorian grandure. Arthur C at Minhead eh? Hadn’t realised that. Will try to get over there one day to fly. In the meantime I’m trying to put a short film of the Weston flight together. Will publish if OK. Highly renowned Bristol Eye Hosp.
I had tea at Clevedon Pier. Have always loved England must be the West Brit in me. Used to travel so often to air shows and aviation events. Miss that so much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme