Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A very flooded Mount Laurel, New Jersey

I'm in Belleville, and we too are underwater after 6 days of rain. should be sunny tomorrow. great shot.

Hi.
Excellent work. I did my first "little planet" yesterday. I am a bit disappointed with the result. It was a 30 minutes or so before sunset which means almost all the "directly under the drone" shots are underexposed.
Secondly, I think the drone was too high. I had it as 50m, ±165 feet. If there is a sweet spot height for "little planet" shots, what height would it be?

Hi.
Excellent work. I did my first "little planet" yesterday. I am a bit disappointed with the result. It was a 30 minutes or so before sunset which means almost all the "directly under the drone" shots are underexposed.
Secondly, I think the drone was too high. I had it as 50m, ±165 feet. If there is a sweet spot height for "little planet" shots, what height would it be?

There is no sweet spot it depends on where you are shooting. Also use an editor like Snapseed to edit the photo and do some light adjustments.

Over Ramblewood Country Club. There is no water on that part of the course but there is today.
Hi RR. I love this technique but have lost the info on how to achieve it. I have THETA+ but the app seems not to be supported after August this year. Have you any pointers on where I could find some info on how to do it. Here is my only attempt last year. Think I need to be pointing the gimbal straight down rather than ahead as here? Help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.38CCDBEF-9F3A-4E2D-8CDB-C739628F5331.jpegB429B72C-C96E-413A-BC32-0BD8991E14A7.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: deonholt
Hi RR. I love this technique but have lost the info on how to achieve it. I have THETA+ but the app seems not to be supported after August this year. Have you any pointers on where I could find some info on how to do it. Here is my only attempt last year. Think I need to be pointing the gimbal straight down rather than ahead as here? Help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance.View attachment 10499View attachment 10500
Wow, this is excellent. Please share with us how and with what App did you do it? Did you do some post processing before making the sphere?

Wow, this is excellent. Please share with us how and with what App did you do it? Did you do some post processing before making the sphere?
Hey deonholt. I’m rather hoping RoarRoar will tell us all how he did his. I just followed the instructions I’d seen somewhere which I have lost. The one thing I do know is, and RoarRoar says it above, get your basic editing in first before having a bash at the globes.

That's the "Mirrorball" effect in the Theta app.

Ricoh I believe will go to a new app for their new 360 cams (after August). I have one of their 360 cams and really like it. I love that I can use the DJI panos in their software too. Ricoh also lets you animate 360 photos in the Theta app too.

I stitched the photos in the DJIGo 4 app, then used the theta app to create the tiny planet effect, then used "Snapseed" to color correct the photo.

As for gimbal position I just kind of get near what I want to shoot and just press the 360 button on the DJIGo4 App and let the drone do all the work. Ive never found a start position the be better than others since the drone will take 36 photos from various positions to make the pano.

Thanks RR. My advice to deonholt re editing first is clearly incorrect and I hope he reads this. Trying to edit 36 pics is not on unless you have a bulk capability which I think some programmes do but best to edit the globe-if you can?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis