Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

About Spark Gimbal

EdisonC

Join
Jul 29, 2019
Hi there im a new pilot and new owner of 2nd hand DJI Spark. I did flew my spark many times, No Crash, No other pilot error, but I have a question and i need some info about this kind of error of gimbal, my spark is just on my table and im checking the pitch and roll of the camera, suddenly the gimbal stop working and i cant see anymore the Gimbal Settings on the DJI Go app and i cant control either on my controller, on DJI Go App in general status, the status of Gimbal is N/A. If i turn on my spark the camera wont leveled (no response)

I am waiting for the replies to this as I too am having regular Gimble Motor Overload warnings and the Gimble won’t move. Real pain. Let’s see who can help.

Reactions: EdisonC
Hi there im a new pilot and new owner of 2nd hand DJI Spark. I did flew my spark many times, No Crash, No other pilot error, but I have a question and i need some info about this kind of error of gimbal, my spark is just on my table and im checking the pitch and roll of the camera, suddenly the gimbal stop working and i cant see anymore the Gimbal Settings on the DJI Go app and i cant control either on my controller, on DJI Go App in general status, the status of Gimbal is N/A. If i turn on my spark the camera wont leveled (no response)

You are testing the gimbal with motors off and on the “ground”. Not sure why you are doing that.

Is gimbal functioning normally when airborne? That’s how it’s designed. Are you actually having malfunction or error message during flight?!?

You are testing the gimbal with motors off and on the “ground”. Not sure why you are doing that.

Is gimbal functioning normally when airborne? That’s how it’s designed. Are you actually having malfunction or error message during flight?!?

Yes im doing a test with motors off and on the ground "Table" i just want to see if my adjustment is Ok before a takeoff.

*When airborne:
Its abit shaky now cause the gimbal is not working, i cant move the camera up and down
But, I can still record and take a picture, because the camera is working,

*Having malfunction or error message during flight?
No error sir or malfunction during flight

In General Settings the Icon of Gimbal settings is gone
In Aircraft Status " Gimbal Status N/A "

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-29-20-32-32.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-29-20-32-32.png
    468.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2019-07-29-20-32-40.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-29-20-32-40.png
    397.7 KB · Views: 37
Actually, trying to verify gimbal functionality while the bird is on the ground with motors off is perfectly legitimate. You should see the gimbal actively keeping the camera level as you rotate your Spark in various directions if it is working properly. If it doesn’t work there, it’s certainly not going to magically start working once it’s in the air.
Do you have any cheap filters on the camera? Evidently they frequently cause a gimbal motor overload. If not, unfortunately your gimbal may have either sustained some damage before you owned it, or it may be starting to fail.

I agree. The gimbal works on the ground as long as the Spark is turned on. Well, it's SUPPOSED to at any rate. I've even used it as a camera gimbal and just carried Phoebe, though not with very good results. The walking footage in my video about Bluestem Lake is shot that way.

I experienced something similar after flying on and around sand dunes! I used compressed air to blow out the gimbal area, holding it gently so as to not beat it up with air blasts. That remedied the gimbal issue. Good luck!

Reactions: Jointeffort

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef