Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

After “MM” will all my friends still be here?

We’ll lose some as some people are addicted to upgrading to the newest model as soon as it’s released, but I’ll be around. I have too much invested in the Spark and they aren’t outdated. It doesn’t make financial sense to upgrade drones every 2 or 3 years as old models are discontinued for newer versions. I imagine I’ll upgrade in a few years, but it’ll likely be to something bigger.

I hope the MM will be everything it’s hyped to be so people are happy, but I have my concerns. I really don’t think it will be as durable as the Spark. I feel many Spark owners will stick to the Spark once the initial hype of the MM goes away and the imperfections are discovered.

The movie title "Gone with the Wind" comes to mind in the under 250g weight class.... I've added a Tile, a Strobe, landing gear and a battery clip to my Spark so its even more than the 301 it started out being, and I am still fearful of more than gentle winds. So, as I have said elsewhere, flyer beware.

The other thing that really worries me about the crush of never before drone buyers that rush to get and fly the MM, is that because they think the rules dont apply to them, they will rush out to the nearest airport to fly irresponsibly, and drag our good names through the muck behind them. Mark these words.

We’ll lose some as some people are addicted to upgrading to the newest model as soon as it’s released, but I’ll be around. I have too much invested in the Spark and they aren’t outdated. It doesn’t make financial sense to upgrade drones every 2 or 3 years as old models are discontinued for newer versions. I imagine I’ll upgrade in a few years, but it’ll likely be to something bigger.

I hope the MM will be everything it’s hyped to be so people are happy, but I have my concerns. I really don’t think it will be as durable as the Spark. I feel many Spark owners will stick to the Spark once the initial hype of the MM goes away and the imperfections are discovered.
Completely agree. I sort of thought this would be the drift of responses but it had to be asked.

The movie title "Gone with the Wind" comes to mind in the under 250g weight class.... I've added a Tile, a Strobe, landing gear and a battery clip to my Spark so its even more than the 301 it started out being, and I am still fearful of more than gentle winds. So, as I have said elsewhere, flyer beware.

The other thing that really worries me about the crush of never before drone buyers that rush to get and fly the MM, is that because they think the rules dont apply to them, they will rush out to the nearest airport to fly irresponsibly, and drag our good names through the muck behind them. Mark these words.
You could be right. We have our drone legislation arriving next week and although it is for only above 300s I hope the media will get on to it and broadcast the dangers of uncontrolled activity. We don’t need that here or indeed anywhere.

Reactions: I B Spectre
Was thinking (in the shower, where all my best thinking happens), once MM is launched will you all go off and buy the new one and leave us Spark guys and gals to fend for ourselves? We need all the encouragement available and your tech input has saved many of us from disaster and disappointment. Guess it’s partly down to how dji manage the new Forum. Clearly, from the rumours, the spec is going to be quite different so the requirements/experiences of new owners, are going to be different so a separate Forum may be set up. Whatever, it has been a blast but let’s wait and see what transpires. Who know Mrs Twickers may soften and allow an old man a treat and I could have a “stable” of drones!!
I shall still be here, I have had my Spark for about six months and I am still learning more about it. I have around $1000 invested in it, with four batteries and accessories .{Australian Dollars} so it's not cheap. This forum has been really great for me, and I love the fact that this is a global community, it doesn't matter about your age, gender, or wherever you live in the world, we are just a bunch of people sharing a common interest, and helping each other when we can, and I really think that this is a wonderful thing. So, greetings to all my fellow Spark pilots, whoever you are, and wherever you are. I am sure we will be here for a long while yet.

MM has a cinematic mode that Spark could have done with from the start. While Spark has all those selfie features it's not what most owners use it for. You also have the hurry of getting the shot you wanted in 10 minutes of flight time, frustrating. No smooth panning ability is always a work around. Over 250 isn't an issue for me as I am licensed but small is why I like Spark and MM is smaller.
MM has my vote.

I'll be around till I die.:cool:

Reactions: twickers14
I shall still be here, I have had my Spark for about six months and I am still learning more about it. I have around $1000 invested in it, with four batteries and accessories .{Australian Dollars} so it's not cheap. This forum has been really great for me, and I love the fact that this is a global community, it doesn't matter about your age, gender, or wherever you live in the world, we are just a bunch of people sharing a common interest, and helping each other when we can, and I really think that this is a wonderful thing. So, greetings to all my fellow Spark pilots, whoever you are, and wherever you are. I am sure we will be here for a long while yet.
I’m with you on all that. Glad you’re enjoying her.

MM has a cinematic mode that Spark could have done with from the start. While Spark has all those selfie features it's not what most owners use it for. You also have the hurry of getting the shot you wanted in 10 minutes of flight time, frustrating. No smooth panning ability is always a work around. Over 250 isn't an issue for me as I am licensed but small is why I like Spark and MM is smaller.
MM has my vote.
New kit is always packed with things we wish we had and if you’ve got the dosh go for it.

No, I am not going anywhere even if I buy any other drone. I have picked up a lot of great tips and ideas from this forum and it was this forum itself which got me into learning a new skill of shooting and editing videos. So I will always be around to continue with the learning experience and to pass on a few tips of my own.

No, I am not going anywhere even if I buy any other drone. I have picked up a lot of great tips and ideas from this forum and it was this forum itself which got me into learning a new skill of shooting and editing videos. So I will always be around to continue with the learning experience and to pass on a few tips of my own.
You are a major contributor to the Forum and I have personally benefitted from your knowledge and expertise. I am not at all surprised at your thinking here and many other members will feel the same. I shall still be flying Spark (so long as I don’t do what I did on Sunday again) for as long as possible and popping posts too.

You are a major contributor to the Forum and I have personally benefitted from your knowledge and expertise. I am not at all surprised at your thinking here and many other members will feel the same. I shall still be flying Spark (so long as I don’t do what I did on Sunday again) for as long as possible and popping posts too.

Very kind of you to say that. It makes me extremely happy to learn that I am able to help fellow forum members. I think our passion for this hobby and our love for the Spark which happens to be the first drone for most of us will continue to keep us connected.

I’ll be hanging around. As I mentioned in another thread, I’ve sold my Phantom 4 Pro+ kit so the Spark is the only drone I have. With the nasty weather rapidly approaching there are less and less chances to fly so I’ll be coming here to get my “fix”. ?

As I just posted in another topic, it's expensive to chase every new product with your wallet. I haven't had the Spark long enough to justify something like the MM. My next drone in the Spring is going to be the Mavic Zoom but that'll serve other purposes. The Spark is still going to be my motorcycle trip/hiking drone. I think it does a fine job and I've spent too much on the package I bought with it (three batteries, charging station, etc.) to justify replacing it with something just slightly more advanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme