Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Altitude threshold

TerenceM

Join
Aug 15, 2017
Hello, Yesterday as my Spark took off and reached 10m altitude, I got a warning that I had reached max altitude allowed. I was not in beginner mode, or did anything odd/new to either the controller or bird.
I went back home, just 200 metres from where I was trying to fly, took off again and this time no problem. The Spark shot up to 60m without any problems.Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how do you fix this and what causes it?

Thanks in advance

Hello, Yesterday as my Spark took off and reached 10m altitude, I got a warning that I had reached max altitude allowed. I was not in beginner mode, or did anything odd/new to either the controller or bird.
I went back home, just 200 metres from where I was trying to fly, took off again and this time no problem. The Spark shot up to 60m without any problems.Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how do you fix this and what causes it?

Thanks in advance
Yes, it has happened to me a few times. All I did was lower the spark to almost landing and then back up again from the same spot. Somehow this resets the altitude limit. And now we lnow we are not alone!

It might have something tot do with the vps. Vps is capabele to calculate height till 10 m.
If gps is not available spark don't know it's altitude.
Check your logfile to find thé Satellite situation when it happened

Thanks for your comments.
Yesterday I went back to the original hassle point where the Spark refused to fly above 10m and there were no problems this time. Took off normally and rose to 60m with no problems.

It may have had "one of those days".

Thanks again for your input.

Reactions: Spark 317
I had it last week, it was purely a very quick turn on and take off, it had not locked enough satellites by my taking, def atti mode, and no sat lock. 2 mins later I had gps mode and altitude unlocked.

Same happend tot me. Our doggie escaped. So in an emergency I launched my mavic pro with only 6 Satellites.
At about 10 m altitude max reached.
Waited 2 minutes to get 12 sattelites and problem solved.

Reactions: RotorWash
For anyone interested in seeing what I was trying to shoot, here's the finished product.

This is the town of Mosta, where I live on the island of Malta. Mosta is famed for it's churches dome - the third biggest in the world.

The clip where I had problems is at 0:49 - it's a rise that I placed in the video in reverse (the decorated balcony). And the house on the right, with the big bougainville at 1:18 is my home - the onetime jail of Mosta!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme