Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Skyer

Join
Dec 2, 2017
A winter’s sunset at Gulf Shores’ beach gave us an amazing view of the star that warms up our planet, and the beautiful light it lays over the water and sand.

As always, thanks for watching. Any comments, questions, Likes, and new subscribers are much appreciated!

SKYER

A winter’s sunset at Gulf Shores’ beach gave us an amazing view of the star that warms up our planet, and the beautiful light it lays over the water and sand.

As always, thanks for watching. Any comments, questions, Likes, and new subscribers are much appreciated!

SKYER
This video shows what the spark is intended for. I like the fact that you are using the phone as the controller. I am in the middle of determining whether or not using the remote controller is a mistake. With the remote controller, panning shots are terrible, but with a phone they are much smoother. I would like to know what other spark pilots have experienced as a difference between the two. Yes. with the remote controller the range is MUCH greater, but the range with the phone only is adequate for the aerial views. What do others think, or have experienced?

This video shows what the spark is intended for. I like the fact that you are using the phone as the controller. I am in the middle of determining whether or not using the remote controller is a mistake. With the remote controller, panning shots are terrible, but with a phone they are much smoother. I would like to know what other spark pilots have experienced as a difference between the two. Yes. with the remote controller the range is MUCH greater, but the range with the phone only is adequate for the aerial views. What do others think, or have experienced?

Great question and I’d also like to know! :D

For me, I'll stick with using the controller. One of my earliest flights with the Spark I was trying out using the phone to control it with and out of nowhere the wind picked up pushing the spark about 200 yards out over a wooded area with me chasing it to trying keep connectivity with the limited range of the Wi-Fi on the phone. For someone who is 60 years old, this is not a lot of fun. When you're using the phone only to control the Spark your speed is greatly reduced therefore flying it in any kind of wind to me, is totally out of the question. When flying it with the RC it will fly faster and I have much greater control over the drone and if necessary I can kick it in the sport mode and get back to me. As for flying it smoother you can always put it in the tripod mode which I've personally found works great.

To each his own, good luck.

Reactions: Skyer
For me, I'll stick with using the controller. One of my earliest flights with the Spark I was trying out using the phone to control it with and out of nowhere the wind picked up pushing the spark about 200 yards out over a wooded area with me chasing it to trying keep connectivity with the limited range of the Wi-Fi on the phone. For someone who is 60 years old, this is not a lot of fun. When you're using the phone only to control the Spark your speed is greatly reduced therefore flying it in any kind of wind to me, is totally out of the question. When flying it with the RC it will fly faster and I have much greater control over the drone and if necessary I can kick it in the sport mode and get back to me. As for flying it smoother you can always put it in the tripod mode which I've personally found works great.

To each his own, good luck.
Thanks Richard.

For me, I'll stick with using the controller. One of my earliest flights with the Spark I was trying out using the phone to control it with and out of nowhere the wind picked up pushing the spark about 200 yards out...

I agree, and had a similar experience on a windy day. To me, using the remote vs. the phone comes down to the conditions you'll be flying in, how high/far you want to fly, and portability. For casual flights like that day at the beach, where you're not planning on doing any far or challenging shots, just carrying the spark and the phone would do. If you'd like to do more dynamic or complex shots, where more precise and/or active flying will be needed, or simply want to fly farther away, the remote is definitely the way to go.

Fly on!
Skyer

SKYER
Nice editing! Liked the short clips and various altitudes.

Reactions: philcar50

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme