Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

An alternative to Mavic Mini?

I B Spectre

Join
Aug 16, 2019
Captain Drone recently evaluated a drone that could be a serious competitor to the Mavic Mini for less than the price of the Fly More combo. 4k camera, 3-axis gimbal, claims over 30 minute flight time and 5 kilometer range, no obstacle avoidance, many of the same automated features seen on the Spark and others, plus a really cool RC design.

Steve does a good review of the Fimi X8 SE

Its bound to happen sooner or later that the playing field levels out somewhat. However, the enroachment of regulations on this hobby is going to inhibit some who might otherwise tool up to challenge the current manufacturers for the consumer market.

All it takes is one highly publicized, albeit rare, event to justify egregious regulation. No doubt DJI has not only survived, but thrived in the consumer market largely due to innovation and their willingness to adapt to changes due to regulation. I look at someone like Skydio and think opportunities still exist for innovative companies to enter the marketplace. Competition is good for everyone, but the playing field must be level, the players talented, and the leaders visionary with long term strategies. DJI has set the bar high and the lead is theirs to lose.

It's a nice drone for sure, it's going to be a hard sell against a Mini that costs less though...

Thanks for the heads up, I checked if he'd posted his MM review yesterday but only saw underwater drone stuff ;-)

It seems like a nice quad, but my worry is Xiaomi is known for just cutting off a product without any notifications. Just like what happened to Mi drones they just vanished in thin air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers